JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
As far as "disgruntled" goes, I got laid off, bought a rifle, and let off some steam at a friend's shootin' spot. as much as I didn't like it, I didn't off my boss.
Until we know the deeper issues, we can't know if what they did was a pre-emptive lucky break, or boys with toys and the wrong info making a guy's already cruddy day, worse.
If his wife left him, or a death in the family.. yeah, i'd need a distraction too.
If he got caught drinkin' on the job, or such, he was a 'tard and could of just been bitter.
We don't know yet.
I've bought more guns since getting laid off... i'm not angry, just bored... and they were pretty :s0155:

I totally agree .... what if he had some money laying around and he thought buying guns for investment purposes. I discovered you can buy the guns cheaper from FFL's these days and then you sell them to people who don;t want the hassle and making a buck or two is a good deal ... Anyway ... if the law enforcement wanted to be "proficient" the DA could get and a judge to order the guy's doctor to show his medical records to a psychiatrist and then take the guy in for a psychiatric review to see how "disgruntled" he was and if he was ready to "off" his supervisor ... I think what Medford Police did was nothing but being "intrusive" ... and they should prepare themselves for a major lawsuit ...

Please tell me what the police did which was "against the law?"

They had no warrant.

They entered his home and confiscated his firearms.They took him into custody with out an arrest warrant.I do think that is enough to come down on the leo's

He went outside to meet them. He gave them permission to enter his home. He gave them his guns voluntarily. He went to the hospital voluntarily.

Let's at least keep the story straight, OK?

Breaking News, Idaho, Southern Oregon »
By The Associated Press
March 13, 2010, 4:45PM
MEDFORD, OR-- The family of a man that Police in southern Oregon arrested in connection with alleged charges of stockpiling weapons, are now asking for the help of the public to locate his whereabouts.

The family of Mr. ******stated that after his release from police custody, he was contacted by men purporting to be police detectives, and asked that he meet then at an unspecified location. He hasn't been heard from since.

Police spokesmen from a variety of agencies have declined to comment on this case, other then to state that Mr. ***** was released a few days ago, and no charges had been filed.

The family stated that Mr. ****** was terminated from his place of employment at an undisclosed agency, due to his growing concerns over 'ethical boundaries' that were being crossed by the agency he was working for. The family declined to comment on which government agency that Mr. ***** worked for, other then to state that due to Mr. ***** security clearance, his exact position and duties were not exactly clear. The family stated that Mr. ****** was a veteran of Vietnam, and and had a degree in electrical engineering.

- The Associated Press

And so much for all of those who are worried about this guy's privacy. Let's just put his name out there for everyone and forever, OK?

Why the sudden change of heart for this guy gunner?

You may want to actually read the articles that I linked. He in fact did make some statements about his work situation. And what he did by contacting OFF was smart. OFF has been key in keeping many of these anti gun laws at bay in this area, you may want to visit the website.

And the police thing in gresham wasn't a damned if you do and damned if you don't issue, the cop was under investigation for domestic violence. Again you must read the article first. Then you must be able to comprehend what it means. If you can't do that, we can't have an intelligent conversation.

He went outside to meet them. He gave them permission to enter his home. He gave them his guns voluntarily. He went to the hospital voluntarily.
Let's at least keep the story straight, OK?

Okay Gunner, you put it up there, so let's dissect this(these) statements.

He left his house "voluntarily" based on the phone conversation that he had with police that assured him he would not be cuffed and taken into custody. They supposedly just wanted to talk with him.

They did exactly what they assured him they wouldn't do,... Therefore they lied to him.

I put the word voluntarily in quotes above because we all know that complying with a police request with the muzzles of 12 tactical grade weapons pointed at you is anything but "voluntary." That is coercion plain and simple.

They entered his home and took his property. Without showing him a warrant and allowing him to read it, this constitutes theft. The issue of whether there were any warrants at all is not clear yet.
Apparently there never was, or the police would have placed him under arrest. They didn't.

If you can't see that, you are either not playing with a full deck, or you are purposefully assisting in the obfuscation of the facts of the situation.

So stop with the "voluntary" BS Gunner. You know that is untrue at best.
Mr Pyles was lied to and coerced into custody at the barrels of multiple guns, and his property was taken without the benefit of due process. We now know this by virtue of it's rapid return. If the police had his guns legally they wouldn't have returned them without the typical bureaucratic paperwork that takes days or weeks to resolve.

Due process and the Constitutional right to be secure in your own home took a big hit in this travesty and it would be a shame if it never gets the chance to reach the light of day through a civil suit.

So please stop championing the actions of the police.
They lied and coerced Mr. Pyle.
If you believe they did so for the "common good," admit it, but to me that means you are no better than the Brady/anti-gun .org folks.
But there is no denying that they did it, so please stop with this ridiculous defense of their actions.

Have yourself a fine day.

And so much for all of those who are worried about this guy's privacy. Let's just put his name out there for everyone and forever, OK?

Unfortunately, privacy is a very uncommon thing in this day and age. Mr. Pyles' privacy ceased to exist as soon as his name was leaked and someone posted it on the internet. :(

Breaking News, Idaho, Southern Oregon »
By The Associated Press
March 13, 2010, 4:45PM
MEDFORD, OR-- The family of a man that Police in southern Oregon arrested in connection with alleged charges of stockpiling weapons, are now asking for the help of the public to locate his whereabouts.

The family of Mr. ******stated that after his release from police custody, he was contacted by men purporting to be police detectives, and asked that he meet then at an unspecified location. He hasn't been heard from since.

Police spokesmen from a variety of agencies have declined to comment on this case, other then to state that Mr. ***** was released a few days ago, and no charges had been filed.

The family stated that Mr. ****** was terminated from his place of employment at an undisclosed agency, due to his growing concerns over 'ethical boundaries' that were being crossed by the agency he was working for. The family declined to comment on which government agency that Mr. ***** worked for, other then to state that due to Mr. ***** security clearance, his exact position and duties were not exactly clear. The family stated that Mr. ****** was a veteran of Vietnam, and and had a degree in electrical engineering.

- The Associated Press

Could we please have a link for that? According to the heading it's from yesterday afternoon and I can't find anything about it on google or AP's site. Maybe I'm just not using the best search terms.

It also seems strange that it claims the man was "arrested for stockpiling weapons" which isn't true. It also says he was terminated from employment which wasn't true at least at that time. It's not uncommon for breaking stories to be very incorrect though...

I will say I hope the guy's OK, whatever's happening with him now.

On a similar note: I have it on good authority that anyone applying for unemployment insurance...just having been laid off or fired, is automatically cross checked with recent gun purchase records. Should a correlation between losing a job and recent gun purchases be found, then by simply accessing VISAs LEO website, they can track, by item number and bar code, recent debit/credit transactions related to ammunition, body armour ect.

If some 'threat is perceived' then LEOs can track and monitor in real time this person's cellphone location...and get an idea if that person is staking out an area...ect..this can be cross checked with the sale of vehicles, homes, ect to see if the person is getting ready to 'bug out'...ect...

Okay Gunner, you put it up there, so let's dissect this(these) statements.

He left his house "voluntarily" based on the phone conversation that he had with police that assured him he would not be cuffed and taken into custody. They supposedly just wanted to talk with him.

You know this for a fact because you were there, right?

They did exactly what they assured him they wouldn't do,... Therefore they lied to him.

I put the word voluntarily in quotes above because we all know that complying with a police request with the muzzles of 12 tactical grade weapons pointed at you is anything but "voluntary." That is coercion plain and simple.

They entered his home and took his property. Without showing him a warrant and allowing him to read it, this constitutes theft. The issue of whether there were any warrants at all is not clear yet.
Apparently there never was, or the police would have placed him under arrest. They didn't.

You are correct. Everything he did including coming outside of his house in the beginning was voluntary.

If you can't see that, you are either not playing with a full deck, or you are purposefully assisting in the obfuscation of the facts of the situation.

I just didn't "see" as much as you saw. You have far more facts than anyone else on the planet.

So stop with the "voluntary" BS Gunner. You know that is untrue at best.

Mr Pyles was lied to and coerced into custody at the barrels of multiple guns, and his property was taken without the benefit of due process.

We now know this by virtue of it's rapid return. If the police had his guns legally they wouldn't have returned them without the typical bureaucratic paperwork that takes days or weeks to resolve.

Due process and the Constitutional right to be secure in your own home took a big hit in this travesty and it would be a shame if it never gets the chance to reach the light of day through a civil suit.

He had every right to stay in his home and not even answer the door.

So please stop championing the actions of the police.
They lied and coerced Mr. Pyle.

If you believe they did so for the "common good," admit it, but to me that means you are no better than the Brady/anti-gun .org folks.
But there is no denying that they did it, so please stop with this ridiculous defense of their actions.

Have yourself a fine day.

I will, thanks. :s0155:

I can read Gunner.
Apparently you can too.
So read the articles and stop your willful ignorance.

I just don't listen to one side of any story and then start claiming the contents as fact.

Remember, only Mr. Pyles has spoken, but you're claiming third hand accounts as fact.

("The paper says that Mr. Pyles says that the police said that...")

Wow.

If you were there and actually saw and heard everything go down as you claim they did, fine. If not, why not wait and see if there's another side to the story if Mr. Pyles decides to file a suit? Why not wait and see if the paper got it's report of what Mr. Pyles said correct?

"Willful ignorance" has more than one definition.

What really should happen is someone send a copy of this thread to the victim as he may want to use some of the posters in an upcoming trial. I am sure the fellow would like to know who has been leaking information about all this so he may persue libel charges. Will be interesting as it all comes out, won't it. Plus any question of honor on all accounts can be settled by a court of law.

jj

What really should happen is someone send a copy of this thread to the victim as he may want to use some of the posters in an upcoming trial. I am sure the fellow would like to know who has been leaking information about all this so he may persue libel charges. Will be interesting as it all comes out, won't it. Plus any question of honor on all accounts can be settled by a court of law.

jj

Gee jj, did you finally sober up after last night?

Just for giggles, why don't you copy/paste just one "leak" which was posted here? I'll settle for just one.

Alternatively, I'd settle for a post number and a reminder of what the leak(s) were.

If there are leaks I'd like to see them because I just love gossip and I missed out.

Thanks, Buddy.

PS Don't fail to do this for me now, because I'll be reminding you to get them for me from now on until you do. That's because you're a man of honor and you wouldn't make accusations which aren't true, so get busy.

This message is hidden because Gunner3456 is on your ignore list.

Hope you were not posting to me as it's a waste of time.

bye jj

bye jj

17-I-lol.jpg

Gee jj, did you finally sober up after last night?

Just for giggles, why don't you copy/paste just one "leak" which was posted here? I'll settle for just one.

Alternatively, I'd settle for a post number and a reminder of what the leak(s) were.

If there are leaks I'd like to see them because I just love gossip and I missed out.

Thanks, Buddy.

PS Don't fail to do this for me now, because I'll be reminding you to get them for me from now on until you do. That's because you're a man of honor and you wouldn't make accusations which aren't true, so get busy.

bye jj

AHA! Another one bites the dust. :D

If I told a lie about a man the day after I falsely accused him of having no honor and he called me on it, I'd run and hide too.

jj's all tough until someone calls him out. Ya'll comfy under your mommy's bed there, jj? :D

See ya, Buddy. :)

Not quite.

You think you caught him in a lie, but he already had you on ignore and has no idea. Can't run and hide from something you can't read! :s0155:

When you have someone on ignore, there is an icon for "view post" anyway. You see the post, just not the text until you hit "view post."

He's reading them. He made the post about "leaks." He's just full of it. His "ignore" is just an excuse not to answer my challenge to post an example of a "leak." I called him out and suddenly I was on ignore. How convenient. :)

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads