JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You know this for a fact because you were there, right?

Unfortunately, you don't know what he is or isn't doing or reading any more than I do.

Speculation at it's best!

You know this for a fact because you were there, right?

Unfortunately, you don't know what he is or isn't doing or reading any more than I do.

Speculation at it's best!

I know for a fact that the very next post after I challenged him to back up his lies about "leaks" I was suddenly told I was on ignore. The very next post.

If it walks like a duck... :)

Instead of all this arguing and bashing each other...Will someone try and answer a question for me.

All of those agencies were concerned enough to make a joint effort. But the suspect passed everything, received his firearms back.

The agencies must have been wrong in there concerns? If it was of such a concern then again why is he not charged with ANYTHING? Nothing?

Now why would any of us trust any of those agencies in the future. Maybe a statement from them might help clear it up for us.

Instead of all this arguing and bashing each other...Will someone try and answer a question for me.

All of those agencies were concerned enough to make a joint effort. But the suspect passed everything, received his firearms back.

The agencies must have been wrong in there concerns? If it was of such a concern then again why is he not charged with ANYTHING? Nothing?

Now why would any of us trust any of those agencies in the future. Maybe a statement from them might help clear it up for us.

The standard the agencies needed to meet was "probable cause." The standard that a psychiatrist and a judge need to meet to commit somebody is much higher.

That's all. End of story, time to go home.

First, let's remember that the agencies can make no statements because everything is legally confidential as personnel matters.

Next, have you ever had a serious concern based on real information, but when you checked further you decided it wasn't a problem? Are we to fault people for checking something out if they truly have a concern? Remember, there were at least four different LEO departments which all shared the concern.

We're just dealing with people with good intentions. Good people.

If this man hadn't released his name to the paper himself, no one would even know who he is.

That is not the end of story. If the agencies had sufficient information that they all believed needed to be acted on. The le, swat, negotiators..etc. Then at the end of all this planning with out any charges? They must have been all wrong? What a waste of time it must have been for them? Big mistake? It doesnt make me trust their decisions anymore at all. They all failed to prove the point of why they all thought this suspect was such a danger.

Should not be end of story.

That is not the end of story. If the agencies had sufficient information that they all believed needed to be acted on. The le, swat, negotiators..etc. Then at the end of all this planning with out any charges? They must have been all wrong? What a waste of time it must have been for them? Big mistake? It doesnt make me trust their decisions anymore at all. They all failed to prove the point of why they all thought this suspect was such a danger.

Should not be end of story.

There were never going to be any criminal charges. This was a civil matter.

It sounded like he may have needed a cooling-off period, and met the legal standard for being given one. If that wasn't the case, we'll find out when the lawsuit gets filed.

And in no way am I saying these people in the agencies are bad people. I don't know any of them. But they are the Authority. And they all seem to have dropped the ball of judgment if not 1 charge was made to the suspect in the end.

Yes Gunner I have had those concerns. But a Joint effort? They were all wrong?

I have to be careful here. Just suppose that they all had the same information from a "credible source" or two or three and that information was very concerning. If one reasonable man would believe that there was "probable cause" for some action, then why wouldn't several reasonable men reach the same conclusion, given the same information?

Has anyone here ever been angry enough to cause someone to worry, and then cooled off and let it slide? Is everything so cut and dried that no judgment can be used these days?

I can tell you that the three top guys including the Chief at MPD are straight-up guys who will defend and encourage your 2A rights and your carry rights. They are just good guys, period.

Remember, it was our sheriff who refused to give the list of names of CCW holders to the Mail Tribune, claiming the info was private and that releasing that list of names was also releasing info about where guns could be found and stolen. He is a really good guy and a 2A supporter.

This isn't Portland. This is a bunch of regular guys who don't swagger around with attitudes.

When I got my first Glock, one of them was nice enough to drop by my place and show me how to break it down and clean it, and gave me some tips on using it. He showed me his favorite CCW holster.

They are just people. Nice people, trying to do the best job they know how to do. We are lucky to have them.

This isn't Portland. This is a bunch of regular guys who don't swagger around with attitudes.

The way this thread's been going, you'd think we were talking about the police in San Francisco, Boston, or Beijing conspiring to take away a man's guns and freedom. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but based on the way the other forum members are talking, I'd have to assume that the political climate in Southern Oregon is very similar to those places. Unfortunately, I just haven't spent enough time there to have any firsthand experience. :s0112:

On top of that, there are probably thousands of gun owners in this state who have lost their jobs and mouthed off about it to someone, just in the last couple of years. The fact that this is the only time law enforcement's reacted in this manner tells me that there must have been some unusual circumstance this time. I don't need to trust Gunner's "inside information" - I can depend on my own common sense.

YES, we should be skeptical of these kinds of police actions.

YES, this is a way that our liberties could potentially be threatened.

YES, the police may have acted incorrectly or illegally in this case.

That still doesn't mean anybody here actually knows why this happened.

The way this thread's been going, you'd think we were talking about the police in San Francisco, Boston, or Beijing conspiring to take away a man's guns and freedom. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but based on the way the other forum members are talking, I'd have to assume that the political climate in Southern Oregon is very similar to those places. Unfortunately, I just haven't spent enough time there to have any firsthand experience. :s0112:

On top of that, there are probably thousands of gun owners in this state who have lost their jobs and mouthed off about it to someone, just in the last couple of years. The fact that this is the only time law enforcement's reacted in this manner tells me that there must have been some unusual circumstance this time. I don't need to trust Gunner's "inside information" - I can depend on my own common sense.

YES, we should be skeptical of these kinds of police actions.

YES, this is a way that our liberties could potentially be threatened.

YES, the police may have acted incorrectly or illegally in this case.

That still doesn't mean anybody here actually knows why this happened.

Good post. Just one more thing. This guy contacted the local paper, gave them his name and the brief story. Then it hit the news.

He accepted the process as a result of the circumstances as if he knew he screwed up. If he had wanted privacy all he had to do was keep all of this to himself.

I suspect that other cases of "protective custody" for cooling off and evaluation like this happen and we never hear about them. I don't mean here in Medford, but rather anywhere.

The police didn't bring him to public attention. He did.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads