JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The text of the measure is incredibly short. It has two parts - expulsion for disruptive behavior and the re-election part. Each part is only one sentence long.

Failure to attend, without permission or excuse, ten or more legislative floor sessions called to transact business during a regular or special legislative session shall be deemed disorderly behavior and shall disqualify the member from holding office as a Senator or Representative for the term following the election after the member's current term is completed.

"Will of the people", like when Democrats voted pro slavery 160 or so years ago. Same ol', same ol', just a different class of indentured with the same masters.
Democracy vs. a Representative Republic.

By definition, a republic is a representative form of government that is ruled according to a charter, or constitution, and a democracy is a government that is ruled according to the will of the majority.

Our "charter" is the US Constitution which defines certain powers of the government, and enumerates/recognizes a partial list of our Natural Rights - the Bill of Rights.

Besides the First & Second Amendments (and others), there is also the 9th:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

And the 10th:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

In short, the US Constitution delegates some powers to the government, enumerates certain rights of the people (further limiting the powers of the government) - but notes that these are not all of the rights all of the rights that we have.

The First and Second Amendments are absolute; they have no qualifications for exceptions as some of the other Amendments do.

Are you trying to tell Matt he's fat... and you don't mean it metaphorically(??)
Bunny-with-a-pancake-on-its-head.jpg

Let's try not to get lost in the weeds on this thread. Judge said she would issue her decision this week or early next week. I'm paraphrasing since I don't have legal scholarship, put here are the main points that I picked up from observing the trial:

1) Legality of permits to exercise a constitutionally protected right. The Bruen case was about concealed carry, not purchase, so we need to be careful about interpretation of text and separate opinions.

2) Legality of magazine restrictions, whether or not magazines are arms or accessories, and if they can be restricted for both ownership and use outside the home.

3) Citizens ability to pass laws that pertain to protection of the common good and whether or not they were correct in passing M114.

Don't shoot the piano player, I'm just passing along the points the judge is considering.

Best description I've heard of why liberal judges rule the way they do and why conservative judges rule the way they do. Absolutely nails it on the head Imo.

Skip to 9:44 mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top