JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Time to burn up the republicans and independents phone lines, no deal on ghost guns, no deal on any gun control and no deals on 2005…. Period. Democrats painted themselves into this corner with their hard line on abortions for 10 year olds, let them live with the monster they've created.

I'm pretty much a reader and not a poster, but for once I see a genuine chance to influence an outcome. It really is vital to reach out to the walkout senators and remind them that we're watching. I sent this email to the walkout senators and an individualized message to Senator Knopp.

Dear Republican and Independent Senators,
I'd like to thank all of you who have walked out and halted the radical agenda in the Oregon Legislature. You all have shown tremendous courage and taken personal risk regarding your political future. Gun owners have backed you every step of the way and your efforts are greatly appreciated. Please hold strong and don't accept any compromise that allows passage of HB2005 or SB348. Blocking these is just as important to your constituency as blocking HB2002. One need only look to the county by county results for Measure 114 to confirm the stance of your constituency, with only six counties voting for Measure 114 and the rest of the state voting resoundingly against. I could list county by county how the vote went, but I suspect you're all aware where your voters stand. If you aren't, you can go here for a reminder. https://gov.oregonlive.com/election/2022/general/measures. We're all pretty much tired of having Multnomah county's agenda crammed down our throats.

There is simply no upside to the acceptance of any compromise on any of the three pieces of legislation that I've mentioned. If we don't send a strong message to the radical left now, it will simply embolden them in the future. You've already crossed the Measure 113 bridge, please stand your ground and give them nothing.

Fox news is reporting that the Dems are major pissed that their 10.4 Billion funding package for schools is not going to pass unless the Repubs show up, they make no mention of the serious egregious bills in the table that the Repubs walked on in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, the schools need to take a break here, and we need to focus on stopping the leftist Dems in this State, and besides, we don't need all that funding for the schools to teach CRT and all the other wokness!

Fox news is reporting that the Dems are major pissed that their 10.4 Billion funding package for schools is not going to pass unless the Repubs show up, they make no mention of the serious egregious bills in the table that the Repubs walked on in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, the schools need to take a break here, and we need to focus on stopping the leftist Dems in this State, and besides, we don't need all that funding for the schools to teach CRT and all the other wokness!
of course they are pissed. 10.4 billion would fund a lot of cross-dressers, drag queens and non-binary things to come read books to the young, impressionable tykes.
its just a group of spoiled children trying to get public pressure on the hold-outs. Nothing else is working for them, so this is the 'hold my breath until i turn blue' equivalent

And yet another email of encouragement and quorum denial sent to the republicans and independents who are holding up the democrats agenda!!!!

Keeps those calls and emails coming folks. Sounds like the democrats are getting desperate to get their agenda passed. I'm encouraging the republicans and independents to call it a session and not show at all.

OPB is reporting (link below) that even though both sides stress they've not reached a deal, there was a 10-hr negotiation session where they are allegedly approaching a compromise. If true, to me it doesn't sound very good. The Republicans allegedly would agree to return if HB 2002 and 2005 would be watered down. As I read it though, 2002 would remain mostly intact, and 2005 would be reduced to only the "ghost gun" portion (whatever that means). IMO this isn't good enough. It should be noted this info comes from an anonymous source allegedly familiar with the matter so it's not 100% confirmed.

OPB is reporting (link below) that even though both sides stress they've not reached a deal, there was a 10-hr negotiation session where they are allegedly approaching a compromise. If true, to me it doesn't sound very good. The Republicans allegedly would agree to return if HB 2002 and 2005 would be watered down. As I read it though, 2002 would remain mostly intact, and 2005 would be reduced to only the "ghost gun" portion (whatever that means). IMO this isn't good enough. It should be noted this info comes from an anonymous source allegedly familiar with the matter so it's not 100% confirmed.

Starting to sound like the ruling Party is offering something to entice the Rogue Senators to come back... whether it's the promise of letting them run for election again, or a promise to water down 2002 ans 2005, (something unlikely for them to keep edit for both ); or even a vaguely threatening promise that they'll replace the Senators with other Senators more aligned with their goals in the 2024 elections...

Last Edited:
Starting to sound like the ruling Party is offering something to entice the Rogue Senators to come back... whether it's the promise of letting them run for election again, or a promise to water down 2002 ans 2005, (something unlikely for them to keep ); or even a vaguely threatening promise that they'll replace the Senators with other Senators more aligned with their goals in the 2024 elections...
Yeah it's a bit strange. These senators in theory are ineligible for reelection anyways, so to leave 2002 only negligibly altered and 2005 only partially whittled down seems like an extremely small gain for ending their senate careers. What's more, them returning might give 348 a path forward.

Yeah it's a bit strange. These senators in theory are ineligible for reelection anyways, so to leave 2002 only negligibly altered and 2005 only partially whittled down seems like an extremely small gain for ending their senate careers. What's more, them returning might give 348 a path forward.
The text of the Measure does say for one term that they cannot "hold office" after their current term ends. So yeah, I'm emailing Boquist and requesting he commit to staying away until June 25th, since he'd be eligible for the term after the next.

I said unlikely for them to keep. Should have made it more clear that it applied to both possibilities. I do think there is a lawsuit brewing to challenge Measure 113.
So much for "the will of the people" :s0141: JMHO, I have lost respect for those two and anyone else that joins in with them
But that's just me, and I know opinions will differ

So much for "the will of the people" :s0141: JMHO, I have lost respect for those two and anyone else that joins in with them

The people are not lawyers nor lawmakers :rolleyes:

The "will of the people" in Oregon is also to subvert both the state and US Constitutions by enacting clearly unconstitutional restrictions on our 2nd Amendment rights, so....

Even just replace Thomas, there's still a 5-4 split. They'd want to also replace a few more perhaps by impeachment
And judging by the USSC decision regarding gerrymandering recently, it sounds like it's the Dims to lose in 2024. If the GOP wins I'll be very surprised. Even if DeSantis somehow wins, he'll be a lame duck president.
email from OFF
For those who have not seen it

As you know, and as we have repeatedly reported, the Republican Senator's denial of quorum has been completely effective at slamming the brakes on the Democrat's extreme agenda.

(Only Senators Dick Anderson and David Brock Smith have been showing up every day to Senate floor sessions.)

So, in spite of being in the minority, the Republicans have been essentially controlling the agenda and protecting the people who elected them from the worst of the Democrat's bills, stalling some very dangerous gun restrictions.

But now the left is buzzing with talk of a "deal" to bring the Republicans back in exchange for the Republicans folding on personally made firearms, what the left calls "ghost guns."

Cartel media reports have already discussed some kind of trade off.

If the Republicans accept this deal they will be effectively banning all AR style firearms and countless other guns because the "ghost gun" language is crafted so badly that they are banning the parts that are not, and have never been regulated. Basically they would be outlawing AR firearm's UPPER receivers which were never required to have serial numbers, while ironically ignoring the parts they think they are banning.

If Knopp and the Republican Senators fall for this deal they will have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory to placate the left wing media and once again, stuck it to gun owners.

Please contact Senate Minority leader Tim Knopp and remind him that gun owners have stood behind the Senate walk out and not to sell us out now when we could win it all.

Senator Tim Knopp
Capitol Phone: (503) 986-1727
Email: [email protected]
That's all the GOP knows how to do: snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That's what they did in 2022.

Starting to sound like the ruling Party is offering something to entice the Rogue Senators to come back... whether it's the promise of letting them run for election again, or a promise to water down 2002 ans 2005, (something unlikely for them to keep edit for both ); or even a vaguely threatening promise that they'll replace the Senators with other Senators more aligned with their goals in the 2024 elections...
If you understand the fine print... any "compromise" or "watering down" of those bills does nothing. Whatever they don't get now they will simply repush through the next session.

If the GOP folds... there is absolutely nothing gained. At best... simply a delay while further negotiating away our rights. The libtards have held strong that they won't compromise on those bills and any talk of them doing so now is just them realizing, "we'll get most of what we want now and we'll just do the rest later". In the meantime... they got the GOP to bend over again. "Win!".

If you understand the fine print... any "compromise" or "watering down" of those bills does nothing. Whatever they don't get now they will simply repush through the next session.

If the GOP folds... there is absolutely nothing gained. At best... simply a delay while further negotiating away our rights. The libtards have held strong that they won't compromise on those bills and any talk of them doing so now is just them realizing, "we'll get most of what we want now and we'll just do the rest later". In the meantime... they got the GOP to bend over again. "Win!".
Absolutely correct! The republicans and the independents need to walk away from this legislative session. Period. Let Oregon voters know that democrats and their radical agenda will not be tolerated outside of the Willamette Valley. Or by those of us in the valley that value our morals and don't want our 10 year old daughters to have secret abortions or secret gender alterations at the hand of the state. Stop experimenting on our children!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top