JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone, (the State????), has to build a firing range in each Oregon County. Purchase property, pay instructors, electric bill, etc...................................................

This will be fun to watch......................

Foreverlost,
Nah... it'a on YOU to take off the time from work/life and drive however many hours it takes to get to one of the dozen available to the entire population of OR. If there is a backlog and scheduling training and live fire demo is months out... that ain't their fault either.

Ya Silly!! 🤣

Local Polk Count Sheriff stated that there is no live fire required.
To be read as... they orginally wanted it to be, but where forced to switch gears when they discovered there is not way on God's blue earth to make that a practical/reasonable requirement if they have any hope of ever being able to present a working permit procedure to the courts anytime within the next 2-3 years... maybe? ;)

This topic reminded me that during the LEVO zoom meeting they were selling it to their groupies that the training course is available now online, for free, so those opposed to 114 don't have anything to complain about.

Excluding the part about it only being available to current CHL holders where their previous course material contained a handling/demonstrtion element.

For the ordinary new gun buyer it's gonna cost and there's certainly going to be a backlog on classes.

Someone, (the State????), has to build a firing range in each Oregon County. Purchase property, pay instructors, electric bill, etc...................................................

This will be fun to watch......................

Foreverlost,
I've always thought such ranges should be co-located with DMV offices. Those are placed to serve a certain level of population, so that part of the analysis - how many do we need? where should they be? - has already been done.

I've always thought such ranges should be co-located with DMV offices. Those are placed to serve a certain level of population, so that part of the analysis - how many do we need? where should they be? - has already been done.
Co-located with DMV offices.........................

Off topic a bit, but there is a city here in the Sorry State of Oygun where the DMV office does "Not" meet requirements. There aren't any in that city. The state has been trying for years to lease such a site. Not enough exits, no rest rooms, too little sq footage. The Sorry State of Oygun/DMVODOT gave notice several times in the past that it would not renew its present lease. Holy Crap what an uproar from that neck of the woods!

So add anything for Permit To Purchase is a joke. PTP is a joke...........................

Foreverlost,

Last Edited:
This topic reminded me that during the LEVO zoom meeting they were selling it to their groupies that the training course is available now online, for free, so those opposed to 114 don't have anything to complain about.

Excluding the part about it only being available to current CHL holders where their previous course material contained a handling/demonstrtion element.

For the ordinary new gun buyer it's gonna cost and there's certainly going to be a backlog on classes.
yah. I have a chl from many a year ago. Not from OSSA. when i took their free 'amendment' they refused to honor it. Its only free if you paid for their previous certificate. I had to take the full course and shell out $60. Cant wait to see how much this 'demo' will cost.

and no way would I..................as a NRA instructor help the sorry State of Oregon. Anyone that would is a traitor. OR WORSE

Foreverlost,
Lots of instructors went along with CHL scheme.

Edit: Let's assume that every instructor in the State refused to participate in training after Measure 114 restrictions were in place. No instructors, means no permits issued, which means no FFLs can legally sell firearms to Oregonians, which means most FFLs will go out of business. According to some members here, that is the goal of Measure 114. (to shut down FFLs).

The Judges who get involved in deciding whether M114 is constitutional or not, won't give a rat's bum whether instructors are participating or not. So what would be the goal of having the same instructors who gladly made money off CHL training, refuse to make money from PTP training? I am open to the strategy. But if the strategy causes FFLs to shut down and yields no postive results for them or us, that will suck.

Last Edited:
I put in my $.02 with the NRA.

"I recently learned that NRA certified instructors have been solicited to become Oregon State certified as part of the measure 114 permit to purchase program. I would very strongly request that the NRA would take immediate action to prevent any NRA instructor from participation in this unconstitutional permit to purchase scheme. It is in blatant violation of the 2A and I believe the NRA should actively obstain from any program that would contribute to the violation of any citizens rights. Thank you for your consideration."

Reply from the NRA's Martin (S)prick. [email protected]

"This is the training department, we work on curriculum and instructor credentials. We would never prohibit an Instructor from providing quality training, no matter the legal requirement. Irrespective how you and I may feel about permits to purchase, the training is good for people to have."

That's what happens when you fire your lawyer when you don't think you're winning after the first hearing.. Kevin is his worst enemy. And sometimes ours.
Kaempf should have been fired (or maybe never hired in the first place). He was doing a lousy job. His filings indicated that he either hadn't read the measure or didn't understand it as he misstated its provisions. Even I could see that and I'm no lawyer.

Received the same canned message from NRA's Martin (S)prick. Am I surprised? Not quite, have to wonder what type suits the NRA instructors will wear? Something like the French Man's?

Will be a sad sight to see if the NRA climbs into bed with the Lift Every Voice Oregon Whores.

Foreverlost,

I'll have a table at the upcoming Hillsboro gun show this weekend. Purpose is to solicit donations and update people on current status. Volunteere are appreciated. Send a pm if you can help out.

Kaempf should have been fired (or maybe never hired in the first place). He was doing a lousy job. His filings indicated that he either hadn't read the measure or didn't understand it as he misstated its provisions. Even I could see that and I'm no lawyer.
Going off memory here, but years and years ago Masada Ayoob did an article on Bernie Goetz, the subway, shooter, and his hiring an attorney known for representing people linked to the mob. As I recall, he said something along the lines of "hire a guilty man's lawyer, get a guilty man's verdict."

That's water under the bridge at this point. Time to move forward.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews