JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd assume by end of week. Monday was a Federal and State holiday, so I would expect a couple of days to process and another couple to write the opinion/response.
Separately, remember that the court hearing that's scheduled is going to be looking at viability of the state permitting program, which acknowledged is un-funded today. Legislative session is already seeing the big problem of available money to allocate toward their current pet projects (throwing homeless into homes, etc., etc.)
To even partially fund the permitting system and hiring is going to take a huge chunk out of their ability to deliver on the promises they made during their campaigning. It's going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
Oregon's state income tax and property tax is already burdensome, and add another with the whole "Oregon leave act" or whatever it's called. Oregon may accelerate people leaving the state if they levy more taxes. Oregon will become an even poorer copy of California.
I thought they were suppose to send something to Harney County Judge and wait for his response before making their decision?

A complication: Allegedly, OFF is not paying its lawyer.
More than $66K in the hole.

EDIT - Kevin says (https://mewe.com/p/oregonfirearmsfederation)
Maxine Bernstein can't tell the truth even when it's spoon fed to her.

In this article, which continues to be changed with no notice that it's been edited, she adds one line to the bottom after being told that her article was bullbubblegum.

After she was informed that John Kaempf, (the lawyer who sued us after we demanded an explanation for a bill that included charges for things he swore he didn't do) had been fired on December 8th, and her story saying he "represented" us was false, she adds this at the very last line of her story:

"The federation notified the federal judge that Attorney Stephen J. Joncus, based in Happy Valley, will represent the federation going forward. "

So even that is a lie. Joncus was hired as soon as we ditched Kaempf.

But NEVER expect the truth out of hacks like Oregonian clowns.

Last Edited:
A complication: Allegedly, OFF is not paying its lawyer.
More than $66K in the hole.
That's what happens when you fire your lawyer when you don't think you're winning after the first hearing.. Kevin is his worst enemy. And sometimes ours.

1674169796892.png

Any word on the State's latest petition to force enactment of Measure 114's three day rule release ban? The court has been quiet and is taking their time which makes me nervous that they are going to shut down parts of Judge Rashio's RO?

I picked up my G20 frame and M4E1 lower yesterday but I'm taking my chances and buying another frame today. The soonest I will be able to pick it up will be next Friday and I am hoping the Supreme Court doesn't axe the three day rule releases before then.

The court has been quiet and is taking their time which makes me nervous that they are going to shut down parts of Judge Rashio's RO?
Counter point:

Given what we all believe to be the courts predisposition to lean anti-2A I think it's more likely that they have come to the conclusion that Judge Rashio ruled correctly and that they understand that 114 is a dead measure walking. The quietness is just them trying to come to terms with the inevitable

Counter point:

Given what we all believe to be the courts predisposition to lean anti-2A I think it's more likely that they have come to the conclusion that Judge Rashio ruled correctly and that they understand that 114 is a dead measure walking. The quietness is just them trying to come to terms with the inevitable
That is a half glass full view and I hope you're right. It seems like it would have been easier for them to quickly pass the buck back to Judge Rashio and let him take all the heat?

Counter point:

This take might be the more likely. Contrary to Koch's assertion that Rashio needs to explain the basis for his decision, state Supremes just have to read it to see Koch is FOS.

So, did I miss a response from the OR Supreme Court on the State's petition? If they make a decision, any chance it will be in the next 10 days or is that too fast of a timeline for something like this?

So if the antis get their way and make almost 50% of the country felons. What do they expect to happen? They have to know its not going to end well right?
They see the world very differently than we do. And, they're almost completely ignorant about firearms. And, they are unaware of how often a DGU occurs, ending a crime before it can happen. And, they are largely ignorant of the awful history of gun control. And, they feel morally & intellectually superior to those of us who support the 2A. And, when pressed, they are unwilling/unable to learn.

The possibility of a civil or revolutionary war is a completely foreign idea to them. Having a meaningful conversation with an Anti-2A person is difficult, at best. Their opinions and way of thinking are not likely to change until they vote/legislate the country into chaos. Even then, they won't have much understanding of why the world suddenly changed.

Last Edited:
So, did I miss a response from the OR Supreme Court on the State's petition? If they make a decision, any chance it will be in the next 10 days or is that too fast of a timeline for something like this?
If you did.. so did I... but maybe immergut knows something not public knowledge yet and these proceedings minutes may be a foreshadowing of things to come(?)

"this Court ORDERS Plaintiffs to submit briefing to address the issue of whether there would be any remaining case or controversy for this Court to adjudicate if the Oregon Supreme Court finds Ballot Measure 114 violates the Oregon Constitution. Plaintiffs' brief is not to exceed 8 pages and is due on 2/2/2023. Defendant and Defendant-Intervenor's Responses are due on 2/9/2023 and are not to exceed 8 pages."

Maybe it's just covering the bases, but why is immergut basically asking... "if the supreme court rules 114 a violation of the OR constitution, do we have anything further to talk about?"

At least that's how it kinda "reads"(?)

I am dying to know this as well. I guess we have to wait until it hits the newstreams. It seems we don't have any insider source of info on this topic.

Someone, (the State????), has to build a firing range in each Oregon County. Purchase property, pay instructors, electric bill, etc...................................................

This will be fun to watch......................

Foreverlost,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top