JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems to me, many who glossed over 114, believing the two sentence synopsis, are now concerned about the possibility of having their rights infringed upon….

I wonder how many voted for 114 based upon the lies that were being touted about, only to learn the truth now that we're locked in a battle to overturn it….

Seems to me, many who glossed over 114, believing the two sentence synopsis, are now concerned about the possibility of having their rights infringed upon….

I wonder how many voted for 114 based upon the lies that were being touted about, only to learn the truth now that we're locked in a battle to overturn it….
I think the correct response should be: Excellent! Join the Fight!, we all have the right to self defense that shall not be infringed. Lets not bicker and moan and complain of what happened in the past as that is water under the bridge. It will take all of us from a broad spectrum of society to dig our selves out of this mess. I say embrace whoever is willing to join the fight now with open arms, no matter their prior transgressions. I myself, have altered my stance/opinions on many subjects over the years (though not on this topic) in response addition education, new information, further pondering, etc. Who among us has not changed stances over the years as one is more educated or impacted on a particular issue?

1673650984461.png

What is the AG saying?

"Oregon Constitution's Article 1, Sec. 27, protects only the right to bear arms commonly used by Oregonians for self-defense in 1859 and earlier, and doesn't relate to magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, Koch wrote."

Koch arguement states:
At a minimum, the state Supreme Court should put a hold on Raschio's orders that prevent a criminal background check to be completed before a gun can be sold and the measure's restrictions on large-capacity magazines.
LIE!
Nothing prevents that from happening! It is already the law! The rest of his argument is the SOS!

What is the AG saying?

"Oregon Constitution's Article 1, Sec. 27, protects only the right to bear arms commonly used by Oregonians for self-defense in 1859 and earlier, and doesn't relate to magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, Koch wrote."
This argument that somehow the constitution only protects technology available at the time of its adoption is completely absurd, laughable . It's worth reposting, that in D.C. v. Heller, the late Justice Scalia addressed that line of reasoning, calling it borderline frivolous:
Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment . We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997) , and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001) , the Second Amendment extends, prima facie,to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

What's the likely timeline if the court directs Judge Raschio to explain why high court should allow his rulings to remain in place?

"The state Supreme Court will either accept or deny the petition. If it is accepted, the state's high court will then decide whether to throw out Raschio's orders or direct the circuit judge to explain why the state's high court should maintain them. The plaintiffs would be able to file their own briefings in support of Raschio's rulings. It's rare for the state's high court to hold oral argument at this stage but not out of the question."

Asking Raschio to "explain himself" is a pretty good demonstration that nobody in the AG's office knows how to read. Raschio's determinations are pretty clear with solid foundations.

Perhaps if somebody could write them up as a graphic novel or a coloring book they might understand enough to propose a counter argument? As it is it comes across like "Mommy! The neighborhood girls are being mean to me!"

Asking Raschio to "explain himself" is a pretty good demonstration that nobody in the AG's office knows how to read. Raschio's determinations are pretty clear with solid foundations.

Perhaps if somebody could write them up as a graphic novel or a coloring book they might understand enough to propose a counter argument? As it is it comes across like "Mommy! The neighborhood girls are being mean to me!"
I would say a pop up book but that may be too frightening to the liberal clowns in the AG's office.

What is the AG saying?

The state continues to lie to the general public over background checks which already exists. Eventhough, by record number of illegal shootings, they aren't the safety net the state promises.

Unfortunately we don't have an unbiased press we do have a gullible audience. I know it's early in the year, but let's just get to the next step, whatever it is. This stuff makes me tired.

At least they're toning down some of their lies. They didn't repeat the hyper inflated numbers for mass shootings they typically use.

From the writ:
"For the first 173 years of this nation's history, from 1776 to 1949, the
country experienced no single-shooter mass shootings in which ten or more
victims were killed. (ER-169–70). In the last 73 years, the nation has seen
thirty such tragedies—twenty in the past 15 years alone. (ER-169–70). Indeed,
sixteen mass shootings with ten or more victims have happened in the last 10
years, with nine in the last 5 years. (ER-169–70). Gun violence involving four
or more deaths also has increased markedly since 2004."

By that logic, only three-wheeled cars should be allowed. Since 1949 there have been vastly more traffic fatalities involving 10 or more cars, and they all had 4 or more wheels.

Has anybody heard a timeline yet for the State Supreme Court's handling of the latest petition the State AG filed?
I'd assume by end of week. Monday was a Federal and State holiday, so I would expect a couple of days to process and another couple to write the opinion/response.
Separately, remember that the court hearing that's scheduled is going to be looking at viability of the state permitting program, which acknowledged is un-funded today. Legislative session is already seeing the big problem of available money to allocate toward their current pet projects (throwing homeless into homes, etc., etc.)
To even partially fund the permitting system and hiring is going to take a huge chunk out of their ability to deliver on the promises they made during their campaigning. It's going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
Oregon's state income tax and property tax is already burdensome, and add another with the whole "Oregon leave act" or whatever it's called. Oregon may accelerate people leaving the state if they levy more taxes. Oregon will become an even poorer copy of California.

I'd assume by end of week. Monday was a Federal and State holiday, so I would expect a couple of days to process and another couple to write the opinion/response.
Separately, remember that the court hearing that's scheduled is going to be looking at viability of the state permitting program, which acknowledged is un-funded today. Legislative session is already seeing the big problem of available money to allocate toward their current pet projects (throwing homeless into homes, etc., etc.)
To even partially fund the permitting system and hiring is going to take a huge chunk out of their ability to deliver on the promises they made during their campaigning. It's going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
Oregon's state income tax and property tax is already burdensome, and add another with the whole "Oregon leave act" or whatever it's called. Oregon may accelerate people leaving the state if they levy more taxes. Oregon will become an even poorer copy of California.
The new Oregon State slogan: "Just like California but without sunshine"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads