JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting that my .351wsl does that to my converted .357 cases, but not so severely. Odd that the .351 has a looser chamber than a .357 right? I don't load them super hot. I don't want to beat the buffer to death, parts are hard to find and replace. I usually get 5 to 6 reloads out of my conversions before split happens. It's rough on brass.
351 is a semi-auto, so the chamber is slightly loose for reliable cycling.

save-yourself-photo-u1.jpeg.jpg

What business is it of yours?

Just curious, what is your set up to trim the caseheads from the brass?
Hacksaw and file, nothing fancy just good old-fashioned elbow grease and great care not to lop off a finger. A Dremel with cutting and grinding heads would probably work faster, better and safer but mine's buried in my storage unit across the county and it's a bloody nuisance getting back out there.

Cartridge case chop saw:

Bruce
I utilize one of these with a jig for 300BLK conversion which it stays setup, it's a pain to reset the jig once it's "perfect".
For cutting the head off, IMHO, it requires a slower speed and more teeth hack or bandsaw to be safe. Just my method of choice.

@Caveman Jim If any of it's nickeled .380, perchance is there any way I could talk you out of a couple cases? The guy who picked me up when Redstate chucked me over the side, his wife favors turquoise and carries a .380 auto so I figured "keep to a Southwestern Silver motif."

A buck a pop for just the case heads I'm seeing from scrappers is whack; that's about the going rate for once-fired brass.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews