JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When I first started my 20 Practical project I had around 400 pcs Frontier 5.56 once fired brass that I used for my conversion and load development. Once I decided I would stick with it, I found that finding Frontier brass was going to be a chore. Low and behold, after about 6 months of looking a company popped up on the radar advertising once fired Frontier 5.56 brass, cleaned with primers and crimps still intact. I received the brass within a week and overall is typical of fired 5.56 brass, neck dents and such. I got the brass from Northwest Iowa Brass (this is for information purposes only and is not "free advertising").

Frontier.jpg

some brass, such as Winchester needs more anealing than most. I can't remember if frontier is one that is like that. If the brass is harder it needs it. Good luck with your project. I have a crap load of 556/ 223 brass if you want several hundred, I'll give it to you.

I'm still waiting to get some .45-70 brass. Something that shouldn't be all that rare, you'd think. I'm on a waiting list at Midway, I got the email the other day that they had some in but it was nickel plated. I like nickel plated brass, but not for .45-70. So I passed. It was gone by that evening. They were only 70 cents apiece. As bad as that is, lately I've paid 95 cents apiece for primed factory .35 Whelen brass.

some brass, such as Winchester needs more anealing than most. I can't remember if frontier is one that is like that. If the brass is harder it needs it. Good luck with your project. I have a crap load of 556/ 223 brass if you want several hundred, I'll give it to you.
Thanks for the luck, it has turned out very well. I just anneal everything after every shot and I will do this stuff before I neck them down.

AR or bolt action?
AR

Good for you. What's the significance with using only the Frontier 5.56 brass for 20 practical?
Nothing special, it's just what I had the most of in my stash. I have started using one brand of brass for the purpose built guns so that the potato behind the trigger has fewer excuses.

I'm still waiting to get some .45-70 brass. Something that shouldn't be all that rare, you'd think. I'm on a waiting list at Midway, I got the email the other day that they had some in but it was nickel plated. I like nickel plated brass, but not for .45-70. So I passed. It was gone by that evening. They were only 70 cents apiece. As bad as that is, lately I've paid 95 cents apiece for primed factory .35 Whelen brass.
I noticed that there is a handful of Starline on AmmoSeek, but it can be a crap shoot with most of the vendors listed. Not all though.

Bobcat Armament is listing it in stock.

Nothing special, it's just what I had the most of in my stash. I have started using one brand of brass for the purpose built guns so that the potato behind the trigger has fewer excuses.
Cool. LC & PMC are excellent choices of brass for converting to different calibers. I'm going to have to build another upper for the Sharps 25-45 dies and bullets I happened upon. :D:D:D

Right.

I thought the 20 was going to be it too, but I just looked up what a 25-45 Sharps is gosh dangit. I had no clue that it's just a necked up 5.56. I already do the 300Blk and I am not interested in any of the other 30's, but I'd do a 25 just cuz. 🤣

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top