JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alright I have been ragging on the 9 partly for fun. I see the 9 as a viable caliber do I own one - no I do not. There are a couple I would not mind owning again ( 3914 and a blued browning hi power) I would also like to try a 938. As I set here I have my s&w model 15 snub nose in my lap. It's one of my carry guns. Yes it's probably less than a 9mm or at least close. Choosing a handgun your willing to bet your life on is a very personal choice choose wisely.

@EPS lets see doing the math, hmmm +1 carry the 7 = LOL

Ya but you only need 8 if you know how to shoot :rolleyes: and hit the target.
45 wholly crap, if I need 45 i'm going the other way hehe. What ever i'm facing needs 45 round i'll need backup.

@EPS lets see doing the math, hmmm +1 carry the 7 = LOL

Ya but you only need 8 if you know how to shoot :rolleyes: and hit the target.
45 wholly crap, if I need 45 i'm going the other way hehe. What ever i'm facing needs 45 round i'll need backup.
Gee I don't know between $hiting my pants and drawing my weapon and shooting 3 -4terrorists how many rounds do you think I need lol how many will hit on target and stop the threat and I know I'm accountable for every round but let's just say I might miss once or twice

Gee I don't know between $hiting my pants and drawing my weapon and shooting 3 -4terrorists how many rounds do you think I need lol how many will hit on target and stop the threat and I know I'm accountable for every round but let's just say I might miss once or twice
Let's see how it plays out when the time comes I will take my chances with what I have at the time but honestly I hope it never happens.

Once or twice, guess a plastic gun would miss once or twice hehe.

Let's see how it plays out when the time comes I will take my chances with what I have at the time but honestly I hope it never happens.
You know what they say $hit in one hand and hope in the other see witch one fills first lol ....something like that

Yeah, because tin guns never miss. :D
Don't forget the target your shooting at might be shooting back or running at you with a knife or something YEP YOU WILL DRAW YOUR 1911 REMEMBER TO HIT THE SAFETY OFF AND HIT YOUR TARGET PERFECT JUST LIKE AT THE RANGE MMMMMM WE WILL SEE

I have owned 2 USP 40, a P30 in 40 and a G27. Somehow I felt I shot the cartridge well, better then 9mm but.. it was snappy and I ended up getting out of it.

I DO know that during the post Sandyhook shortage, .40 was one you could find. 9mm, not so much.

I have owned 2 USP 40, a P30 in 40 and a G27. Somehow I felt I shot the cartridge well, better then 9mm but.. it was snappy and I ended up getting out of it.

I DO know that during the post Sandyhook shortage, .40 was one you could find. 9mm, not so much.

That's what stockpiling is for;)

You know what they say $hit in one hand and hope in the other see witch one fills first lol ....something like that
See in the case of a terrorist my job is to get me and mine out of there not to confront the terrorist if I don't have to. I am not law enforcement and do not wish to be confused with being a terrorist by the law
.enforcement. i do not want to be a hero and I most definitely do not want to get into a running gun battle. My job in my eyes is to take care of me and my own and in most cases it will be putting as much distance between mine and then if I have a choice.

See in the case of a terrorist my job is to get me and mine out of there not to confront the terrorist if I don't have to. I am not law enforcement and do not wish to be confused with being a terrorist by the law
.enforcement. i do not want to be a hero and I most definitely do not want to get into a running gun battle. My job in my eyes is to take care of me and my own and in most cases it will be putting as much distance between mine and then if I have a choice.
That's a good plan except if you are the only guy that can stop a guy from stabbing others hmmmm I get what you saying but when push comes to shove someone is going to have to make the knock out punch

I'll throw this out again - during the last panic that started at the end of 2012, one of the few pistol caliber cartridges you could find consistently, and for the longest time, was .40SW At the time, I didn't own any .40 firearms, so it did me no good to have .40 available. And I was trying to hold on to my supply of 9mm and .45, so I wasn't shooting as much as I wanted. So, I expanded my caliber options to allow for more flexibility. Nice thing is my Glock, M&P and Beretta can all run 9mm with conversion barrels, so they do double duty. Bonus, in my book.

The 1911 was designed
That's a good plan except if you are the only guy that can stop a guy from stabbing others hmmmm I get what you saying but when push comes to shove someone is going to have to make the knock out punch
There are too many scenarios to account for every possibility. I have my plan and as we all know plans change. However after saying that if I had to confront and stop someone up close I would be greatful to have 8 rounds of 230gr hollow points and a second magazine in standby
After two world wars Korea and Vietnam I will take my chances with a good 1911 any
Day

The 1911 was designed

There are too many scenarios to account for every possibility. I have my plan and as we all know plans change. However after saying that if I had to confront and stop someone up close I would be greatful to have 8 rounds of 230gr hollow points and a second magazine in standby
After two world wars Korea and Vietnam I will take my chances with a good 1911 any
Day
Any gun will do as long as you will do what needs to be done lol I was almost ready to go off on you for saying you wouldn't stand up in a fight but then I thought about it my first reaction would be to protect me and mine then what happens happens and now you say your a vet and combat vet so you could probably help out with my other post after I $hit my pants then I will do what I have to do LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top