JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait...they made a 92 SAO? Well suck me sideways....I may have to track one of them down.
They made a very limited run of SAO guns in...I think it was back in 2001. Then they introduced the 92X a few years ago and reintroduced an SAO version. It's what the 92 should have been right from the start in my humble opinion. :)

They made a very limited run of SAO guns in...I think it was back in 2001. Then they introduced the 92X a few years ago and reintroduced an SAO version. It's what the 92 should have been right from the start in my humble opinion. :)
I have seen mention of the SAO models before, never seen one in person. But honestly, if you were going to create an SAO 92, it would look in the end like a - Browning High Power. The whole thing about the 92 is that it is a manageable DA/SA. If you take away the DA requirement, the whole mechanical trigger assembly with its complexity becomes moot.

It would be like racing a P80 Volvo, but voluntarily giving up the turbo. As a P80 Volvo owner, I have to say that's nuts (yes, that was a stretch to get in a Volvo reference because it's a PNW forum, LoL).

Imagine the 1985 British Touring Car Championship races without turbochargers - I shudder to think! ;)

253E02E7-958A-4291-AFEA-7817DCB9B9BC.jpeg

I have a 92X (Vertec) and an M9.
My hands much prefer the M9 grip over the Vertec. So much so that I tried to sell the 92X with no takers.
Suggest that the OP try both before choosing.
And +1 on the statement that the Vertec "conversion" grip isn't.

I have seen mention of the SAO models before, never seen one in person. But honestly, if you were going to create an SAO 92, it would look in the end like a - Browning High Power. The whole thing about the 92 is that it is a manageable DA/SA. If you take away the DA requirement, the whole mechanical trigger assembly with its complexity becomes moot.

It would be like racing a P80 Volvo, but voluntarily giving up the turbo. As a P80 Volvo owner, I have to say that's nuts (yes, that was a stretch to get in a Volvo reference because it's a PNW forum, LoL).

Imagine the 1985 British Touring Car Championship races without turbochargers - I shudder to think! ;)

View attachment 1442810
It's totally the same trigger, just no de-cock.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top