JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What rifle do you have? I want one!

I have the Rock Island Armory M22, I cut the barrel down to 16" and added the break just because I like the looks. I was getting great accuracy out of a .22tcm pistol conversion so I wanted a longer barrel. And 16" is perfect!
Mechanically the only thing I had to do to the rifle was adjust the horrid trigger pull. I think it came set at 8 pounds. I had to find a slightly different spring for the trigger to get it down to 2.5lbs. I honed a couple surfaces and its nice now!
22tcm.jpg

I have the Rock Island Armory M22, I cut the barrel down to 16" and added the break just because I like the looks. I was getting great accuracy out of a .22tcm pistol conversion so I wanted a longer barrel. And 16" is perfect!
Mechanically the only thing I had to do to the rifle was adjust the horrid trigger pull. I think it came set at 8 pounds. I had to find a slightly different spring for the trigger to get it down to 2.5lbs. I honed a couple surfaces and its nice now!
View attachment 367538

So....how much do you want for it? :D

View attachment 367538

Maybe I'll have to get one and have you do the same work for me ;)

+1 for .40! I like it for a very different reason then those posted so far, I like it because it's CHEEP to shoot in place of 10 mm auto, can usually be found places that have never even heard of the big 10, it doesn't cause any issues in the 10 mm pistols, and makes practice a lot easier! .40 may be short and week, but it works when there is no big 10 to be found, and I wouldn't wanna be on the receiving end of one of them!:p

Northwest Armory has Blazer Brass 9mm for 9.50/box right now. $190/1000. :)

You'll need that much of that anemic metric abomination to get a bad guy's attention.

Ever notice how people seem to think of 9mm as "modern" compared to arcaic .4+ cartridges? 9mm predates 45 ACP. Seems like people have been trying to replace it since it came out.

And to note, I have a strange fixation with .22 TCM and 5.7. So now who's the weirdo? :D

The 5.7 i'm not so sure about as far as "catching on" but the .22TCM, now that I see as a real possibility here. Someone else mentioned it would be nice if TNW made a barrel and bolt for it for the ASR line. I have to agree that would be one scream'n little PCC.

You'll need that much of that anemic metric abomination to get a bad guy's attention.

Ever notice how people seem to think of 9mm as "modern" compared to arcaic .4+ cartridges? 9mm predates 45 ACP. Seems like people have been trying to replace it since it came out.

And yet.......

Just to be clear, I'd never use it for my EDC. But it makes steel sing just fine. :)

I only have a couple rifles my wife likes to shoot, this being one of them :eek: Order one up and I will cut it down for you and thread it no problem! Oh slick up the trigger..

Deal! Can you point me to a place that can do such a thing?

I'm sitting here in the "cave" with a 9mm AR upper that I just mounted a Sparc AR to and already thinking of optics for a .22TCM rifle and how fun it will be. THIS, my brothers, is why I'm here. NOT to clean up political threads. ;)

Well, since you asked, there is this member here that some times pops in that is an awesome smith, goes by the name of Velzey, you should look him up, I bet he could fix ya up right up quick and in a hurry like!!!:p:p:p

Huh, I'm pretty sure I talked to said member about an hour ago! :D

I like the .40 as well. I don't consider it a wonder round or anything particularly special, but I certainly don't understand the hate some seem to have for it. I cast and reload though, so it really costs about the same to shoot a 9mm, .40 or .45. And yes, I do shoot those nasty cast bullets in Glock barrels, but we won't go there.

If I could only have one I suppose I'd choose a 9mm, but I enjoy diversity; I like them all. I know some guys like to consolidate so they only have to worry about a couple different cartridges, but the more the merrier for me. I have to admit, the 7.62x38R is a pain to reload for, .25 acp is hard to find your empties on the ground, and 7.62x45 stinks because of the general non-availability of affordable brass, but all that's a bit OT.

Back to the .40 S&W, I've seen and heard a lot of people criticize it for being "short and weak" and a "sawed-off 10mm", but rarely hear a clear explanation of exactly where it's lacking. I know some people wouldn't be caught dead carrying anything smaller than a .45 because anything less will just make the bad guys mad, but honestly, the studies I've seen regarding the comparative effectiveness of various cartridges don't seem to bear that out. I love the .45 acp myself, but surprisingly the one study I saw seemed to indicate a minimal difference in actual real-world bad-guy-stopping effectiveness between a .380 acp and the mighty .45 acp. Weird.

To each their own. I'll keep my .40 (and my 9mm, and my .45).

I have a 4006tsw a 410 and a cs40 all Smith and Wesson 3rd generation pistols. I have very little interest in 9mm. 40 is snappier because it has more energy. If you can't handle it i understand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top