JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Banning sodas is dumb. Paying tax for the healthcare of people who choose to eat themselves into hospital is worse in my opinion, especially when they take resources from people who are sick from no fault of their own.

What's the solution?

Banning sodas is dumb. Paying tax for the healthcare of people who choose to eat themselves into hospital is worse in my opinion, especially when they take resources from people who are sick from no fault of their own.

What's the solution?

The solution is in stopping farm subsidies for things like corn and tobacco although I'm not sure about the tobacco farm industry being subsidized. If government needs to be involved in farm subsidies then subsidize healthy things like healthy veggies, free range beef/chicken/pork.

The truth of the matter is that in our country at this point in time the freedom to do what you want with your life (in terms of this conversation) often puts the person and our society at odds when it comes to health care. You can take into your body whatever you please and yet we as a society have said that irregardless of your ability to pay you can seek health care at the local ER to save your life. As health care has become increasingly costly more and more have come to rely on "the system". We already have socialized health care. Instead of everyone paying the burden is increasingly becoming the burden of the relatively few at the expensive of the ever increasing many. This country has the ability (and does) to provide the best health care in the world bar none. But our system of paying has us somewhere around the 25th in the world. Our system and our delivery in this country is flawed. At the rate we are going the problem will only get worse.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews