Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mayor Bloomberg really has lost it.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Hawaiian, May 31, 2012.

1. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

We all know that Bloomberg want's to ban all firearms everywhere. He is taking his dictatorship to a new level on telling people how they should live. From MSN

"New York City plans to enact a far-reaching ban on the sale of large sodas and other sugary drinks at restaurants, movie theaters and street carts, in the most ambitious effort yet by the Bloomberg administration to combat rising obesity.
    The proposed ban would affect virtually the entire menu of popular sugary drinks found in delis, fast-food franchises and even sports arenas, from energy drinks to pre-sweetened iced teas. The sale of any cup or bottle of sweetened drink larger than 16 fluid ounces — about the size of a medium coffee, and smaller than a common soda bottle — would be prohibited under the first-in-the-nation plan, which could take effect as soon as next March."

Now I can understand healthy school lunches, but to think you can tell a grown man how much soda pop he is allowed to drink is delusional. Maybe he will form a new group, Mayor's against sweetened ice tea!

Sorry Mr. Bloomberg, I am keeping my handgun and my 20 oz iced tea.

2. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I wonder if that would hold up as constitutional. Of couse they don't care whether it is consitutional or not but it would be something I would like to see challenged. Freedom is being squeezed further and further from reality and, unfortunately, there are a lot of people who will side with him and say that it is something good. They don't realize that by letting that freedom slip away that something they are fond of is just right behind it. The analogy of the frog who would jump out of the boiling water if put in while it is boiling but would boil to death if the water were turned up slowly to boiling is quite appropriate here.

3. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Just maybe?

No limits on how many 16oz you can order and drink?

Two 16oz cost more than one large thus they collect more tax. :paranoid:

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Sadly, it is all fake concern from mommy gov. If gov really wanted to regulate your health you wouldn't have Aspartame and misc poisons in just about everything you eat and drink, flouride in your water, or a cigarette in your mouth. It is a positive thing for gov to have a citizenry that is weak and sickly, but more importantly, dependent.

A healthy, prosperous, armed, thinking populace does not benefit their interests. Lots of poisons followed by a flood of bread and circuses stays the course.

EMP9596, soberups, Grunwald and 3 others like this.
  5. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Bloomberg is not the government in its entirety. He is one guy with a lot of power, personal beliefs that drive his political actions (really not a good thing for a high caliber politician) and perhaps dictatorial ambitions. He is just the wrong guy for the job, that's all.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Bloomberg has consistently supported overreaching intrusions on people's freedoms. I'm surprised they haven't called these high capacity sodas.

7. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Evil Assault Sodas.

8. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

capable of "gulp-drinking" from the hip!

The majority in NY must like it since they keep re-electing him. Eventually they'll just get their gov't approved gruel in their daily rations so they won't be confused by all the food choices.

9. Glockman19

Glockman19 Hillsboro Active Member

Guys, just remember that soda forces its way down our throats and its not our choice.......:banghead:

HBIII and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Heard a great tweet about this today 'when they came for the slurpies I said nothing...'

accessbob and (deleted member) like this.
  11. boarder4life81

boarder4life81 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

So how many sugars/creamers would one have to put in their coffee before they couldn't purchase it in 20 oz. containers?

12. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Really, whats worse for you, a 20oz soda or a 20oz malt liquor?
    Whats keeping him from going there?
    (Hint, lots of soda drinkers can’t vote yet)

13. boarder4life81

boarder4life81 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

Guess they wouldn't be allowed to buy the 20oz Mike's hard lemonades anymore. Too much sugar/oz ratio. What about "sports drinks?" The sugar in those is outrageous and I doubt many people really work out enough to burn off a 32 oz. gatorade..

14. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

I still have my 64 oz. giant 7-11 Big Gulp cup. Will that qualify as a pre-ban if I take it in for a refill?

15. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I think you'd need a ruling on that from the FDA. :winkkiss:

16. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

As long as you carry your original recipt with you at all times and people can only take sips out of it with you present.

17. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side: instead of focussing his efforts on guns, he's spending time on stuff like this. Further, it demonstrates what a wacko he is and how intrusive he thinks government should be in our lives - something people will remember if he tries to move to the national stage.

18. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

And if you go to a ball game, you can not order a 20oz soda, buy you can order a 32oz beer. I think it is great that he is getting national news attention on how wacked he actually is.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  19. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Bloomberg can have my AK and my Big Gulp when he takes it from my cold dead hands.

20. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Not sure what Blomberg and his soda decree has to do with guns but agree it's an over-reach on his part and ill conceived to boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.