JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all know that Bloomberg want's to ban all firearms everywhere. He is taking his dictatorship to a new level on telling people how they should live. From MSN

"New York City plans to enact a far-reaching ban on the sale of large sodas and other sugary drinks at restaurants, movie theaters and street carts, in the most ambitious effort yet by the Bloomberg administration to combat rising obesity.
The proposed ban would affect virtually the entire menu of popular sugary drinks found in delis, fast-food franchises and even sports arenas, from energy drinks to pre-sweetened iced teas. The sale of any cup or bottle of sweetened drink larger than 16 fluid ounces — about the size of a medium coffee, and smaller than a common soda bottle — would be prohibited under the first-in-the-nation plan, which could take effect as soon as next March."

Now I can understand healthy school lunches, but to think you can tell a grown man how much soda pop he is allowed to drink is delusional. Maybe he will form a new group, Mayor's against sweetened ice tea!

Sorry Mr. Bloomberg, I am keeping my handgun and my 20 oz iced tea.

I wonder if that would hold up as constitutional. Of couse they don't care whether it is consitutional or not but it would be something I would like to see challenged. Freedom is being squeezed further and further from reality and, unfortunately, there are a lot of people who will side with him and say that it is something good. They don't realize that by letting that freedom slip away that something they are fond of is just right behind it. The analogy of the frog who would jump out of the boiling water if put in while it is boiling but would boil to death if the water were turned up slowly to boiling is quite appropriate here.

Sadly, it is all fake concern from mommy gov. If gov really wanted to regulate your health you wouldn't have Aspartame and misc poisons in just about everything you eat and drink, flouride in your water, or a cigarette in your mouth. It is a positive thing for gov to have a citizenry that is weak and sickly, but more importantly, dependent.

A healthy, prosperous, armed, thinking populace does not benefit their interests. Lots of poisons followed by a flood of bread and circuses stays the course.

Bloomberg is not the government in its entirety. He is one guy with a lot of power, personal beliefs that drive his political actions (really not a good thing for a high caliber politician) and perhaps dictatorial ambitions. He is just the wrong guy for the job, that's all.

Bloomberg has consistently supported overreaching intrusions on people's freedoms. I'm surprised they haven't called these high capacity sodas.

capable of "gulp-drinking" from the hip!

The majority in NY must like it since they keep re-electing him. Eventually they'll just get their gov't approved gruel in their daily rations so they won't be confused by all the food choices.

Really, whats worse for you, a 20oz soda or a 20oz malt liquor?
Whats keeping him from going there?
(Hint, lots of soda drinkers can't vote yet)

Guess they wouldn't be allowed to buy the 20oz Mike's hard lemonades anymore. Too much sugar/oz ratio. What about "sports drinks?" The sugar in those is outrageous and I doubt many people really work out enough to burn off a 32 oz. gatorade..

Look at the bright side: instead of focussing his efforts on guns, he's spending time on stuff like this. Further, it demonstrates what a wacko he is and how intrusive he thinks government should be in our lives - something people will remember if he tries to move to the national stage.

And if you go to a ball game, you can not order a 20oz soda, buy you can order a 32oz beer. I think it is great that he is getting national news attention on how wacked he actually is.

Not sure what Blomberg and his soda decree has to do with guns but agree it's an over-reach on his part and ill conceived to boot.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews