JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Cops in Japan don't carry firearms and yet crime is virtually nonexistent. You can park your bike or motorcycle on the street corner and no one would dare mess with it. It's a culture where you actually respect one another. Similarly, in Hawaii, everybody watches out for one another. Only time I've ever experienced this was when I lived in Sequim over on the Oly Peninsula.

Easy to knock something or an entire ethnic race hiding behind your "massive" American ignorance. Lot tougher to show respect than disrespect in a group bullying post. Try running your racist b.s. mouth to some of my friends trained in the martial arts who don't need a gun to back up their bravado.

And you wonder why there's so much distrust, crime and violence in this country? Take a look in the mirror.

Easy to knock something or an entire ethnic race hiding behind your "massive" American ignorance. Lot tougher to show respect than disrespect in a group bullying post. Try running your racist b.s. mouth to some of my friends trained in the martial arts who don't need a gun to back up their bravado.

:s0089: :s0104:

Heck, I look in the mirror every morning and ask myself, "who the hell is this old guy"...

Then I realize, the mind has aged much less than the body... Sigh...

I'll keep my American ignorance and my sidearm, thanks for the offer though...

Must really feel like big massive men picking on an entire race of people you have no idea about. My bone is the cowardly racist posts here. All four generations of my family have been here since the 1880's would had stuck up for yours if they were picked on like the "Japs" are on the previous pages here. Three generations shouldered arms so bubblegumes like the ones who post racists crap can hide behind their keyboards.

Must really feel like big massive men picking on an entire race of people you have no idea about. My bone is the cowardly racist posts here. All four generations of my family have been here since the 1880's would had stuck up for yours if they were picked on like the "Japs" are on the previous pages here. Three generations shouldered arms so bubblegumes like the ones who post racists crap can hide behind their keyboards.

I would venture to say very.... VERY few here are any kind of RACIST as you label them. Americans are being made fun of and thats ok (by most nations) b/c they.....deal with it....laugh about it....tolerate it........for me....have fun with our differences, Whats wrong with that...... the USA is a melting pot of ALL nations, ALL peoples, and ALL religions... I think, all we are discussing is how we have so many more freedoms than most nations..... but the constitution is our governing law.....not what you or I believe is offensive but what is protected by the law of this land. I thank my God for being born here and not the Europe, Asia, Africa, etc.... To each their own....but dont try to bring violence into a forum of satire......you can bring reason and admonishment, but dont act civil with aggressive words..... 1st amendment...right?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here. One you don't know any one on this site. Let alone taken the time to meet them or get to know them. You haven't been a part of this site to know how good of people we have here compared to other sites that I have been a part of!

Two a lot of the members here have served this country including myself. so bringing service up is not going to fly with me. I personally know a bunch of members here and they are great people. So do us all one favor and before you go making judgments about people on a couple of threads that you have read. Take the time step back and get to know the people here before you start criticizing any of them.

Just a couple of points; first on the OP,
and then the last two on the hateful comment (#69)

1- I can't read Japanese at all, but I figure that the headline's reference to "massive" isn't a quote taken from the Japanese authorities. It was written by an American "journalist/blogger/" living or visiting there, and as is usual, his agenda comes though.

2- My wife and I have been housing foreign college students since the mid eighties, 2 or 3 at a time from Russia, Germany, China, Taiwan, S. Korea, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia, Kenya, Peru, Japan, Haiti and probably a few places I've forgotten. If there's one thing they have always shared it's ribbing each other about their various and often very accurate and humorous depictions of pronunciation goofs and difficulties understanding each other (us as well). Just imagine a Peruvian and Korean discussing a movie in English...priceless.

3- We immigrated from Canada 40 years ago and still have the occasional "eh" and "oot and aboot" slip out, much to the joy and good-natured teasing of friends and stranger alike. We take no offense because it's simply human nature at it's best, noticing harmless human differences and accepting each others quirks. Friends don't make friends walk on eggshells.
Y'all get what I'm sayin', huh?
(Oh, and don't get started on my "surfer dude" from my years in California)

Last Edited:
No amount of justification is going to fly with cowardly racist posting regardless of where it's done. So you think if some new young shooter with Asian or Native or Hispanic or Eastern European or Middle Eastern ethnicity came upon this website and saw the crap it's fine members wrote about the Japanese, he would really want to meet the clowns that wrote this crap? And yeah, I have met and done business with several members on here from Seattle. If one of them had chimed in on the cartoons and word slurring crap I'd jumped their bubblegum, but gee, I've never seen any of them ever write racist crap. I agree harmless ribbing about whatever with friends who know and understand one another is one thing; cowardly putting it out there with not one person defending those who can't is pure b.s.

Seriously, no one can see what's wrong with getting down on an entire culture of people? So all you all go around talking smack to other people of color in your neighborhood? Yeah.....right! Thought so.

No amount of justification is going to fly with cowardly racist posting regardless of where it's done. So you think if some new young shooter with Asian or Native or Hispanic or Eastern European or Middle Eastern ethnicity came upon this website and saw the crap it's fine members wrote about the Japanese, he would really want to meet the clowns that wrote this crap? And yeah, I have met and done business with several members on here from Seattle. If one of them had chimed in on the cartoons and word slurring crap I'd jumped their bubblegum, but gee, I've never seen any of them ever write racist crap. I agree harmless ribbing about whatever with friends who know and understand one another is one thing; cowardly putting it out there with not one person defending those who can't is pure b.s.

Seriously, no one can see what's wrong with getting down on an entire culture of people? So all you all go around talking smack to other people of color in your neighborhood? Yeah.....right! Thought so.

Wow....again...physical violence.... unacceptable....if words on a screen offend you that badly I really hope you dont go to any religious/nationalistic/culture/ethnic pride parades you dont agree with.....I dont wont you to be overwhelmed.

If I can help you in any way, please feel free to PM me.

Last Edited:
MC1, I don't get overwhelmed, but I will get in your face if you wanna pick on someone who can't defend him or herself. That's just plain old school yard bullying....until the bully gets called out. And yeah, I've won and I've lost my share of fights, but for some reason, there were never any repeats. Why was that do you suppose? Maybe I tired them out, or maybe they just figured ALL people should be respected after all.

So yeah, you can help me understand if you had a disabled child or married into a foreign culture why you wouldn't man up if people made fun of you and yours?

MC1, I don't get overwhelmed, but I will get in your face if you wanna pick on someone who can't defend him or herself. That's just plain old school yard bullying....until the bully gets called out. And yeah, I've won and I've lost my share of fights, but for some reason, there were never any repeats. Why was that do you suppose? Maybe I tired them out, or maybe they just figured ALL people should be respected after all.

So yeah, you can help me understand if you had a disabled child or married into a foreign culture why you wouldn't man up if people made fun of you and yours?

And you know me, my wife, kid, religion, and ethnicity from my post on this forum?.....I will not promote the violence you want to push. So please have a calmer tone in this public arena.

I went to Tokyo in the early 90's & became friends with a coworker from our office there. I lived in CT at the time & when he came over on business I asked if he'd like to go shooting, something he could only dream about in Japan. We went to a range that's owned by the Lyman family (Lyman sights, reloaders, etc) and he was beside himself with joy. He was 56 at the time & had never fired a gun so he fired a couple of my pistols & as we spoke with other shooters they quickly & generously offered to let him try theirs. I took a lot of photos for him (35mm back then) and he picked up empty casings to take home to his son. He said his son's bedroom was plastered with Ruger, S&W & all different sorts of firearm related things so 100 rds of .22LR would be a big deal in Japan. We bubblegum about a lot of 'restrictions' in this country but compared to others we have it pretty good.

Well, 45 Sig, I hope that you will note that while I poked fun at some Asian's difficulties with english, I also referred to them as Japanese. Not Japs! That would indeed be rude and I would bite my tongue off before uttering the word! So a little more respect here than you seem to perceive.
Oh, and you can get bent.

I consider myself an equal opportunity offender... I'm a dinosaur that comes from a time long ago, when people weren't so thin skinned, when people could laugh at their own flaws as well as the flaws of others, without being offended... Man, do I miss the good ole days!!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top