JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Branch Chief so he's probably a GS-14 or higher. [GS-14 = $93,000-120,000 a year, plus 27.1% locality adjustment for working in the DC area.] He's been around long enough to know better. He may have been arrested at work, but he could just as easily been arrested on the street if the gun wasn't registered.

The law, right or wrong, is pretty clear on bringing a firearm into a Federal facility. Being a Federal employee he should have known better.

This is a condition of employment. We used to get regular "stand up" talks about such things. #1, Sexual Harassment. #2, Firearms Prohibited on Federal Property. The managers kept memos of these talks, employees would be hard put to say they didn't know about the rule. Includes vehicles parked on federal property. If you didn't like this rule, you were free to seek employment elsewhere. Getting caught violating the no firearms rule was cause for dismissal.

In an office across town, there was an employee who was a regular gun show table holder. For convenience he would load up his stuff into his vehicle the day before, go to work, park his car with his goods in it on property. Someone noticed this and turned him in. He was terminated.

Before the multiple post office employee shootings (Edmond, Oklahoma, et al), this wasn't emphasized. In one of the offices where I worked, there were several gun enthusiasts. We used to swap/buy/sell guns from the trunks of our cars during lunch time. That all went away after the PO shootings.

My take. The government, as an institution, isn't anti-gun for philosophical reasons. They are interested in employee safety, but mainly because of the liability issues involved. Ditto sexual harassment issues.

What state requires ammo registration so i can cross that state off my list?
Kalifauxnia! It's not "ammo registration" per se, but TPTB there still require a BGC...
The Good Judge Benitez's injunction on Thursday that allowed Californians to buy ammo without a BGC was stayed today by the US Court of Appeals) :mad:
But then again, The People's Republic was never on your list in the first place, now was it...??? o_O

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads