JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Normally, I'd be supportive of the homeowner, but the guy (assuming the intruder was male) was in the shower, probably naked and unarmed. If it was limited these circumstances and with without any other information...

Where was his firearm?

Self defense is just that defense. If he was able to leave and come back he wouldn't have been in any danger.

No matter how much i want this guy to not go to jail and think the showering bandit deserves what he got, this was a bad shoot. This homeowner is screwed

Too bad for the home owner, but stupid is as stupid shoots! :D

No sympathy for the burglar! He got his ticket punched where he should have never been.

<broken link removed>

BELFAIR, Wash. - A homeowner was arrested Saturday morning after he shot and killed an intruder who was taking a shower in his home, Mason County Sheriff's deputies said.

Mason County Coroner Wes Stockwell identified the man who was killed as Nathaniel Joseph Rosa, 31, of Bothell.

The homeowner owns two pieces of property that sit next to each other along East Trails Road. One has a house that he lives in. He runs an internet-based business out of a home on the other piece of property, which is where the shooting occurred, deputies said.

The deadly confrontation happened just before 8 A.M. Saturday when the owner arrived to do some work for his business, deputies said. He noticed a window screen out in the yard, and someone had forced open the front door.

The man went inside and confronted another man he found in his shower, deputies said. The homeowner left after the two exchanged words.

"He returned home. retrieved a firearm, came back over to the residence and fired multiple rounds into the shower... killing the intruder," said Mason County Sheriff's Lt. Travis Adams.

The homeowner called 9-1-1 and told dispatchers that he had just shot & killed an intruder, Adams said.

It's not clear how long Rosa had been inside the home, but detectives don't believe the homeowner gave him any warnings before he fired his gun, they said.

Deputies later arrested the homeowner for 2nd degree murder. They believe he had ample time to call for help when he went back home.

"Certainly he had an opportunity to call law enforcement at that time," Adams said. "And we've contacted our local prosecutor, explained the circumstances to him, and he agrees that 2nd degree murder was an appropriate charge in this case."

Investigators said the homeowner is cooperating with detectives.

Detectives don't believe Rosa was armed when he was killed, they said.

I'm guessing there was some punnany involved.
Maybe he was in more than the shower that day?
Just a guess though,still 5-7 years.

I thought this was also a possibility. Funny, back in the bad old days in Kali (1920s or 1930s) a hubby caught a sheriff in bed with his movie star wife and put one right through the adulterer's head. No jail time.

The times they are achangin....
Brutus Out

Sounds to me like he frigged up!. No justification to take another's life if yours isn't in danger. plus to go home, get a gun and go back and shoot him? that's just asking for a charge of murder. This dude brought the trouble upon himself even though the burglar was in the wrong.

Yup. Sorry to say that IMHO the property owner really effed up in this one. Why leave, go home, get a gun, return and then shoot a stranger in the shower? Lotsa time there to cool off and reconsider one's actions. Fer pete's sake call the LEOs and wait outside. Sounds really sketchy to these ears.

Just because the home owner was a gun owner does not mean anything. One does not kill someone for taking a shower in an empty home, even if it is theirs and it pisses them off. I can imagine the possibility of being homeless and what the lure of a long hot shower might feel like....right or wrong.

Yup, I'm thinking the same thing. Seems like he talked too much after the fact.
I'm sure there was an exchange of words on the first "visit" that prompted the outcome.

Homeowner, "Get out of there now!"
Man in shower, "FU!"
Homeowner, "If you don't get the F out, I'm going to start shooting."
Man in shower, "No you won't. FU!"

Guess he did.... :confused:

Now if the guy had been in the bathtub, I could understand it - those rubber duckies can be deadly in the hands of a determined bather...

Meanwhile, back in Reality - a baaaaaaaaaaaad shoot - totally bad.

It gives responsible gun-owners a bad name, for sure.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads