JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems like a real bad decision to me. Shooting someone thats unarmed for using your shower. Not good.

Mabey the homeowner thought he had a club, but he was just hung like a horse. :)

tac's right, first this is a bad shoot. But even worse is the reputation and stigma it puts on gun owners... You know the media will eat this up, even without all the details. Not to mention the west coast legislatures...

There's just something that doesn't add up in the written accounts I've read so far, seems like there's a critical component missing... Me thinks there's something other than the break in and shower that was the catalyst for the shooting.

We simply need more information to accurately Monday morning quarterback this one. :cool:

If the intruder was eating all my Twinkies and taking a dump on the bed, I might have shot him. But shower?... Maybe the guy asked for the homeowner to wash his back. That coulda done it. ;)

Belfair is not your "average" area..........it can get pretty wild but I think in this case it got a bit too wild and that homeowner is in deep dodo..

the home owner voluntarily walked in to confront the intruder, he was not in danger , if the home owner was inside first and the intruder confronted him the outcome may of been justified, but since the homeowner decided to clear his own house instead of calling the police and waiting outside, I think it will be trouble for the homeowner.
I was taught that all sides of the deadly force triangle must be articulated to justify deadly force and stay out of jail and this homeowner may be in deep trouble,

Zero pity for the guy who got shot.

However, since it wasnt a "threat" I can see the laws side on this one. While it would have infuriated me to no end to have some smug POS transient invite himself into my home and make it his, I would have merely presented a firearm and held him at gun point while waiting for the cops to arrive.

Tasers are also a good tool to have.. Doubt the law would have came down on him had he tasered the sh*t out of the uninvited guest instead. (Out of the shower of course)

Smells rotten all round! I agree with what nammac points out, there is something critical missing here, a set of details that we don't get to see/hear. and I am also wondering how the cops have all these one sided details about the home owners actions ( even if the guy squealed like a baby on himself) seems awfully fishy to me.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Sorry for sliding sideways folks.

Sliding in the shower? Ugh.

homeowner is in deep dodo..

Say WHAT?
Mauritius-Dodo.jpg

The property owner did the wrong thing. Unless he was in the house that was broken into, which he wasn't, just call 911 and wait for LE to arrive. He had to walk home to retrieve a firearm he was not in any danger at all. I would not even say anything to the person in the shower just leave and call 911 and wait at the other home.

I do not feel sorry for the intruder being killed but the homeowner really messed up.

Yeah, that was definitely not a clean shoot. Walk home, grab a gun, walk back to the other house and kill a guy taking a shower. That's bad decision making right there. He had plenty of time to not decide to kill the guy and just call the cops.

Unfortunately, I think very few gun owners, outside of those that have been to CHL/CPL training or hang out on forums like this truly understand the laws of self defense - I mean, where would they get that education otherwise? They won't get it in school, won't get it from the gun store or FFL, and likely won't bother to research it online. Seems time and time again, when you see a bad shoot like this, the homeowner really didn't understand the law. So, the question is, how do you educate those who don't take classes or hang out on forums like this?

Damn shame though - easy chance for the cops to deal with this, but instead one is dead and the other's life is going down the crapper.

Smells rotten all round! I agree with what nammac points out, there is something critical missing here, a set of details that we don't get to see/hear. and I am also wondering how the cops have all these one sided details about the home owners actions ( even if the guy squealed like a baby on himself) seems awfully fishy to me.
Maybe he streamed it live over the internet. Doh!

Just because the home owner was a gun owner does not mean anything. One does not kill someone for taking a shower in an empty home, even if it is theirs and it pisses them off. I can imagine the possibility of being homeless and what the lure of a long hot shower might feel like....right or wrong.

Have you seen the price of water and electricity these days?:rolleyes:

Yes, the shooter clearly over-reacted, or he might have ordered the showering person to "come out, hands up or I will shoot!!!"...got POed by non compliance and shot.

Brutus Out

Door kicked in on one of at least two houses you own.

You go inside without calling the police.

Find a guy taking a shower and exchange words with him and still don't call the police.

Go home and get a gun without calling the police.

Reenter the house you know an unwanted person is inside and still don't call the police.

Shoot the suspect multiple times while he is taking a shower (naked?),

Spend the next several years as a guest of the Washington State Department of Corrections.

The End

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads