JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. Then in another story......

Accused burglar 'commits same crime' days apart

But you know? The CDC says a homeowner with a gun is more likely to :eek:. Yeah.....F the Govt studies that only want to dis-arm Americans. Rrrrreally.....why spend money on a "Govt. study" run by people with a political agenda? You/I already know where the stats will lead.

But...….there are REAL people who just want to make decisions for themselves about their personal safety. Do you really want to trust the same Govt with your safety? When the Govt was responsible for letting the suspect out in the first place?

Aloha, Mark.

Interesting. Then in another story......

Accused burglar 'commits same crime' days apart

But you know? The CDC says a homeowner with a gun is more likely to :eek:. Yeah.....F the Govt studies that only want to dis-arm Americans. Rrrrreally.....why spend money on a "Govt. study" run by people with a political agenda? You/I already know where the stats will lead.

But...….there are REAL people who just want to make decisions for themselves about their personal safety. Do you really want to trust the same Govt with your safety? When the Govt was responsible for letting the suspect out in the first place?

Aloha, Mark.

Like the slime of the earth up in that Seattle street shootout. Looooonnng criminal records, and out walking the streets.:mad:

Lets not forget the main point here....
A intruder was shot by a home owner....
The home owner defended himself and others...and was not charged with anything.

To be grim here :
For those who haven't done so , shooting someone ain't as easy as it seems....

A shot to the shoulder appeared to work here...as the attacker did stop.
Granted....the intruder did also need to be tased...
But still , any violent encounter one can walk away from is a win.

As for the intruder I agree that it is a shame that such a repeat offender was out and about ...and will likely be out and about again....:mad:
Andy

Edit to add :
My thoughts here run like this :

Did your actions stop a threat and did you live....then you did good.

Of course shot placement and misses need to be looked at....
As one cannot rely on a a poor hit always stopping a threat and with a miss....one needs to be concerned where that bullet might end up at or who in...

Last Edited:
What about the home owner, who will now have to live with the constant threat of this slimeball who will
again soon be walking the streets ? :eek:

Should have used a BFG. :cool:

In Oregon after July 2020... "Uh, excuse me Mr. Intruder, could you stop beating me with that pipe while I go unlock my safe and take the cable/trigger lock off my firearm, then load it with the ammo that I am forced to keep locked in a separate location?" Headline that day reads, another homeowner kept safe by gun storage law but killed in action. <Taps>

Last Edited:
1) "Deputies said they arrested a man who broke into a Castle Rock home and got into a violent fight with a person inside."
A violent fight as opposed to a gentle, loving fight? Dept. of Redundancy Dept.? The news is written by semi-illiterates.
2) "Authorities said he was armed with a piece of pipe with a hooked end when he forced his way into the home."
This is why you are always armed. If you knew ahead of time there was gonna be something ugly you would be elsewhere or call the cops and make an appointment for them to be there at the right time.
3) "To be grim here : For those who haven't done so , shooting someone ain't as easy as it seems...."
Andy, nothing about it seems easy to me, and it IS grim. I have never shot anybody and hope I never have to ***BUT*** if that's what it takes to save my life I will - as many times as I have to.
4) "The suspect was shot in the shoulder during the struggle but is expected to recover."
More's the pity. This is why you shoot until the target falls down, disappears, or changes shape. That's why it's grim and ugly. Sane people don't want to do so to other people, but sometimes it's what is necessary to survive.
The homeowner was lucky. It could easily have gone the other way. Also don't respond to attempted violent and tumultuous entry into your domicile without a BIG piece in your hand. If you wait until physical contact to shoot, you have waited too long. This clown should not have survived. The remains should have been shoveled into a trash can and used for shark chum.
5) "Once they make inside every thing becomes fair game. One should stop the threat with sufficant force to equal the odds."
I don't want equal odds. I want crushing superiority. Response to attempted violent and tumultuous entry should be something too big to carry in public. YMMV. #00 & slugs is nice. So is 20-30 rds. of .223, but where you live makes a difference in what is safe to use. Letting go with a mag of 7.62x39 ball in an apt. bldg. is probably not a good idea.

Having a dog IN your house not contained helps sort things out quick. Hearing a bump in the night and wondering if it was a dream or if the animals or other house patrons had a Ooooops .They only raise Cain when someone or something is not a member of the pack. . And will commonly go to the location of the door or window ect. . Where the threat is located.

Last Edited:
In Oregon after July 2020... "Uh, excuse me Mr. Intruder, could you stop beating me with that pipe while I go unlock my safe and take the cable/trigger lock off my firearm, then load it with the ammo that I am forced to keep locked in a separate location?" Headline that day reads, another homeowner kept safe by gun storage law but killed in action. <Taps>

Have a custom holster sewed into your PJ.s , it will be in your control at all times . :D

Have a custom holster sewed into your PJ.s , it will be in your control at all times . :D

Nobody should be able to FORCE me to carry in my own home!!! :mad::mad::mad:

My guns are in my control because they are behind locked doors. The only diff a locked safe will make is to make my home UNsafe... for me!!!

Nobody should be able to FORCE me to carry in my own home!!! :mad::mad::mad:

My guns are in my control because they are behind locked doors. The only diff a locked safe will make is to make my home UNsafe... for me!!!

Put that old tin siding on your house . It will then be a metal container, :s0121::s0095:

Put that old tin siding on your house . It will then be a metal container, :s0121::s0095:
[/QUOTE]

p9845_v_v8_aa.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews