JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And, some would call him "Bad News for all Gun Owners" because that's exactly what he is. Clearly the BATFE had him on their Radar but like others they gave him enough rope and he hung himself.

Anything mechanical can be manufactured with some machines and a little talent. These stories are boring and only designed as yellow sensational journalism. I have a milling machine and a machine lathe, with a little steel I can make most guns and with modern CNC it is easier than ever.

Anything mechanical can be manufactured with some machines and a little talent. These stories are boring and only designed as yellow sensational journalism. I have a milling machine and a machine lathe, with a little steel I can make most guns and with modern CNC it is easier than ever.

Can't unopen that box. Cannot stop a determined individual short of taking their life.

To a talented person with an assortment of tools, a gun is just another challenging project. :D

Well, it's NJ. All you have to do is simply say, "assault rifle...ooga booga" and you will wind up in jail for hurting someone's feelings.

The man in the story was a felon....who was disbarred from firearm ownership.
He then attempted to sell a Sub-machinegun to a ATF agent...
So he was breaking just how many laws here...?
The worse part of this story for me ...is that he might be just what folks think of , when they think of gun owners.
Andy

The man in the story was a felon....who was disbarred from firearm ownership.
He then attempted to sell a Sub-machinegun to a ATF agent...
So he was breaking just how many laws here...?
The worse part of this story for me ...is that he might be just what folks think of when , they think of gun owners.
Andy

You can count on that, unfortunately.

We shouldn't have any laws restricting what he did. But yea all his precious crimes does indeed make him a bubblegum head

I agree with you. Any law abiding citizen should be able to own a machine gun not just ones made prior to May 1986. But this guy was a convicted felon so he lost his rights.

"Replica" as in Auto-ordnance semi-auto thompson and then made it full auto or "replica" as in non-firing display thompson or toy?

If the former, then poor writing from the AP. How'd he get a semi-auto thompson as a felon?

if the latter, then fake news. Who seriously makes a display replica thompson that could be turned into a machine gun without a machine shop? Felons who have access and training to use a machine shop do not sell machine guns to ATF agents for $400.

From another article:

"The gun had been a replica, but Lutter modified it with real gun parts, converting it a functioning automatic firearm"

Really? who makes this replica? Like a airsoft thompson? Does anyone think any replica, except for perhaps a few cosmetic parts, could be converted into a real firearm without all the parts of a real firearm?

not one picture anywhere of the firearm?

bolus; Just look at fleaBay and you will see a number of them. Some are for display and some for the reenactors. I think even the current Thompson Co. is producing one that pretty much uses all their parts except for the barrel is either plugged or something. This really wouldn't be a big project; unfortunately!

bolus; Just look at fleaBay and you will see a number of them. Some are for display and some for the reenactors. I think even the current Thompson Co. is producing one that pretty much uses all their parts except for the barrel is either plugged or something. This really wouldn't be a big project; unfortunately!
Many dealers are selling "dummy" guns made with orignal parts. They use a manufactured unshootable receiver made up with real Parts from disassembled gun's or "kits". Lots of automatic weapons. It still takes skill and machinery to build a functional receiver, all the drawings and information is readily available. They are perfectly legal for a person to build into a semi auto firing weapon as long as you can leagally own a gun. There is information available to do that too.......like for AK47's, FN FAL's and Browning M1919's up to M2's.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads