JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend of my son shoot himself on Wednesday somewhere in the Rochester area. Appears he shoot himself in the right thigh with the bullet exiting below his knee - I'm told it messed up his right ACL pretty good. (9mm, FMJ according to my son).

I haven't found a news report to confirm any of this, but my son says it was a result of messed up firearms safety.

Be careful out there...

Oh, man that sounds bad: in the thigh, out below the knee? If the worst damage is to his ACL, maybe he's lucky - imagine what it could have done to his femur or patella.

When I severely injured my foot as an 11-year-old, it seemed like the end of the world. But it worked out for the best - the tutor I had while bedridden really turned me on to learning, and I never looked back.

Just curious, what age are we talking here?

Mid 20's. Appears (according to my son) that the kid racked the slide with his finger on the trigger. The pistol did exactly what it was designed to do, fired. The doctors had to put screws and a plate in the leg to piece the femur back together. (Was able to get better description of injuries after my son visited him in hospital.)

As for getting shot in the Rochester area, Big Bull...you know, right after I posted that, I realized it was a poorly constructed sentence, and that someone would catch it...but I figured it would be good for a chuckle or two for those that caught it.

Sucks for him. An acquaintance of mine did close to the same thing a couple months ago. He was unloading his Ruger LCP in the car, somehow didn't unload it like he thought he did, pulled the trigger and got a .380 through his left femur and out right above his knee. Lost his job, almost got shot by the cops, cause he couldn't get out of the car when they showed up with guns drawn, and will never walk the same.

This is an acquaintance, NOT a friend. Also lost his CHL, which he damn well should have.

Well, this kid is (was?) a long haul driver, but I suspect he'll be out of work for a long while to recover.

One of those times when the brain did not work, and this kid will be paying the price for a lifetime. Even with a good fix, he'll probably need a fake knee by 40.

I wondered if this was a video i saw only last week, but this is older, still, kind of surreal to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads