JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dunno. I didn't pick up on any reason given. Just guessing... because "someone" already had an idea of which way they wanted to take the case, had the clout to push the narrative the diretion they wanted and didn't want the case muddled up with stuff like "facts" that might be contradictory to the narrative they were already laying down(?)

Your guess is as good as mine.
Court trials reject evidence all the time. Without knowing the reason we cant judge it was intentional.

1680985800511.png

Aloha, Mark

A bit more context...

Im guessing this had a lot to do with the conviction.
"During the trial, which began March 27, prosecutors showed the jury text messages and social media communications where Perry talked about killing protesters in the weeks before the shooting. "I might have to kill a few people on my way to work, they are rioting outside my apartment complex," he wrote to a friend in June 2020. On another occasion he said, "I might go to Dallas to shoot looters." In DMs, according to reporting by the Austin Chronicle, a fellow gun owner warned him: "We went through the same training," he said. "Shooting after creating an event where you have to shoot, is not a good shoot.""

Yeah, I saw a couple articles on that. No reason to assume he didn't put those comments in various social media, so his conviction looks like a self inflicted wound.

And therefore should be victims of libtard Soros backed DAs.
All I know is this isn't a clear case of self defense, it wont be one I'm going to use to say the libtard DAs are politicizing trials.
If he was truly attacked he screwed himself over with his text messages stating he wanted to kill protesters. Ive seen similar comments in discussions in this forum too.

All I know is this isn't a clear case of self defense, it wont be one I'm going to use to say the libtard DAs are politicizing trials.
If he was truly attacked he screwed himself over with his text messages stating he wanted to kill protesters. Ive seen similar comments in discussions in this forum too.
There is a difference between "want to" and "have to". Let's not forget who was doing the rioting and burning of cities across the country.

Yeah, I saw a couple articles on that. No reason to assume he didn't put those comments in various social media, so his conviction looks like a self inflicted wound.
Yup, self inflicted.

We live in a day when gun rights point at all the signs mass shooters have of committing premeditated violence and ask why it was ignored. Well, here is another one of those examples.

There is a difference between "want to" and "have to". Let's not forget who was doing the rioting and burning of cities across the country.
Its true that people sometimes say things they dont mean literally. But his texts were quite literal....
""I might go to Dallas to shoot looters," he wrote on another occasion"

And then a few days later it happens.

All I know is the evidence doesn't stack up on this story, so its looking like not one I can use...

It's funny but not really. The guy killed brought an AK to the riot and was shot after he allegedly pointed it at someone. What did he bring the rifle to a riot for? Who was he looking to shoot? You don't know because he is dead but by the videos he sure seemed like he was just hoping for the chance to use his AK.

Ymmv.

Shooter gets on social media and expresses concerns over the rioters, certainly there have been many here who have had those same concerns. What's said on the net stays there forever so realize if you get in a self defense situation that anything you have ever said here can and will be used against you.

Its true that people sometimes say things they dont mean literally. But his texts were quite literal....
""I might go to Dallas to shoot looters," he wrote on another occasion"

And then a few days later it happens.

All I know is the evidence doesn't stack up on this story, so its looking like not one I can use...
Abbott is allegedly working on a pardon. I'm not comfortable with that quick turn unless they can show prosecutorial misconduct of some sort. It's just going to embolden the radical leftists to increase the aggression resulting in a lot more fatal conflicts.

I'll never lose a minutes sleep for Foster, but documenting a trail of wanting the fight and then putting oneself in a path to scratch that itch is the last thing we should be encouraging and rewarding.

Court trials reject evidence all the time. Without knowing the reason we cant judge it was intentional.
It was ordered to be withheld by his superiors.... not the courts... and not introduced during the grand jury hearing. I dunno if they could have or if he tried to introduce it later on during the trial, or if the court then decided to exclude it for whatever reason.

I just found it compelling that he would feel so strongly that it would have had direct bearing on the case that he decided to risk his career to make it known "now".

For all I know... it was all introduced during his trial and found wanting. like I said... I have no idea if it was good shoot or not, but something does seem a bit hinky and only drawing on the limited info available as a mental exercise. I tend to try and stay unbais and don't necessarily take the courts rulings and media spin as fact. It's well known that the "in fashion" thing to do these days is crucify any person involved in a DGU situation so.....

Abbott is allegedly working on a pardon. I'm not comfortable with that quick turn unless they can show prosecutorial misconduct of some sort. It's just going to embolden the radical leftists to increase the aggression resulting in a lot more fatal conflicts.

I'll never lose a minutes sleep for Foster, but documenting a trail of wanting the fight and then putting oneself in a path to scratch that itch is the last thing we should be encouraging and rewarding.
Yup, If Abbot secures a pardon this will hurt self defense rights badly. This is not a clear case of self defense.

Yep, if there is a pardon there will be more riots or retribution.

It's funny but not really. The guy killed brought an AK to the riot and was shot after he allegedly pointed it at someone. What did he bring the rifle to a riot for? Who was he looking to shoot? You don't know because he is dead but by the videos he sure seemed like he was just hoping for the chance to use his AK.

Ymmv.
Like Rittenhouse.

Anyone who brings a firearm into a crowd on purpose is the equivalent of reckless driver. It isn't an expression of liberty but playing with fire at the gas station.

Would a conservative backed DA be more inclined to let him talk about killing people and then do it?
Not likely, but a conservative backed DA might not weigh smack talk as heavily and base it soley on the actions of both parties in that moment... not convict on the theory that he said what he was going to do and then he did it.... then bury any details that might not fit that narrative.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top