JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw that the other day, what a travesty. The protester was armed with a rifle and participation in a violent riot that was bad enough then they surrounded the victim blocking his escape and attacked his vehicle.

Just my opinion without knowing a thing about the case. The Kyle Rittenhouse trial showed us how a prosecutor will say and do anything to convict people who defend themselves. Sounds like the guy had a bad attorney.

I remember that distinctly the kid with the AK did an interview just minutes before it happened and he looked to be completely spun up on something even in the light of the camera his pupils were the size of basketballs and he didn't seem all there, wonder what the tox screen said?

...and walking around with an AK47... it seems to all boil down to the wife of the deceased testifying her husband didnt raise his rifle at Perry and Perry stating that he did... and why he fired.

If your car his trapped, getting beat on by a group of fanatics, and at least one is packing an AK, I wouldn't have much doubt the guy was in fear of his life.

A bit more context...

Im guessing this had a lot to do with the conviction.
"During the trial, which began March 27, prosecutors showed the jury text messages and social media communications where Perry talked about killing protesters in the weeks before the shooting. "I might have to kill a few people on my way to work, they are rioting outside my apartment complex," he wrote to a friend in June 2020. On another occasion he said, "I might go to Dallas to shoot looters." In DMs, according to reporting by the Austin Chronicle, a fellow gun owner warned him: "We went through the same training," he said. "Shooting after creating an event where you have to shoot, is not a good shoot.""

I dunno if it was a good shoot or not. Wasn't there and haven't followed the details, but it's certainly not a good look.

On the other hand, the other guy decked out in battle gear with an AK, a club and a hunting style knife... on his way to a "peaceful protest"... might have been talking smack too, but simply didn't put it down in text for all to see.

Exactly its not black in white and there are too many conflicting details. His defense team says he was being pointed at yet he said he wasn't previously yet in footage it looks like the guy might have raised the ak up but not in his direction. The whole situation is bubblegumty and messed up to the point of being a nightmare for any court. I don't think this guy should have been charged as in that situation you can argue he feared for his life but its just bubblegumty.
I dunno if it was a good shoot or not. Wasn't there and haven't followed the details, but it's certainly not a good look.

On the other hand, the other guy decked out in battle gear with an AK, a club and a hunting style knife... on his way to a "peaceful protest"... might have been talking smack too, but simply didn't put it down in text for all to see.

Potato / patato

kyle rittenhouse.jpg

Sounds a lot like a right wing protestor, doesn't it? Patriot Prayer or whatever.

Not.

He and the others were not there for "peaceful protest". They clearly stated they were there to help protect local citizens, businesses and property from the "peaceful protestors" that most often have the inclination to trash and burn whatever is in their path.

If I was a protestor and had every intention of remaining peaceful, I certainly wouldn't be going decked out in battle gear and openly armed to the teeth. Concealed... sure.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews