JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So far I havent read anything, anywhere, that suggests AK guy attacked Perry.
This is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. The only way to win is to not be there.

While I agree that open carrying a firearm isn't grounds for being shot, if you are participating or otherwise embedded in a group of people who are surrounding a car and that is causing the driver to be fearful of the crowd. The driver seeing someone outside the car with the firearm is likely going to be alarmed and concerned for their imminent safety.

The text message evidence used against the defendant was what decided this case more than anything, in my opinion, not the events on during the shooting.

Agreed, and from the sounds of the evidence presented in court it was Daniel Perry by needlessly and recklessly driving his car into a group of protesters.

DON"T GET MAD AT ME!!! Read what was presented in court!!
So doesn't it already seem like a false comparison then to Rittenhouse, who was assaulted?

Agreed, and from the sounds of the evidence presented in court it was Daniel Perry by needlessly and recklessly driving his car into a group of protesters.

DON"T GET MAD AT ME!!! Read what was presented in court!!
Which was refuted by the lead investigators info that he was ordered not to included in his testimony to the grand jury.

From previous messages it might certainly seem like he had a bone to pick and might have put himself into a situation which might set the right conditions for him to act... which is far from "right"... but him being where he was didn't force anyone to threaten him, attack his vehicle or possibly brandish a weapon in his general direction. If the lead detectives expulsory evidence is to be believed.

The protestors had no legal right or obligation to surround his vehicle, pound on it... or really to approach him in any way. Regardless if he was in an area they didn't think he should be in or not.

Sounds like bad actors all the way around.

A bit more context...

Im guessing this had a lot to do with the conviction.
"During the trial, which began March 27, prosecutors showed the jury text messages and social media communications where Perry talked about killing protesters in the weeks before the shooting. "I might have to kill a few people on my way to work, they are rioting outside my apartment complex," he wrote to a friend in June 2020. On another occasion he said, "I might go to Dallas to shoot looters." In DMs, according to reporting by the Austin Chronicle, a fellow gun owner warned him: "We went through the same training," he said. "Shooting after creating an event where you have to shoot, is not a good shoot.""

Oopsie daisy!

The protestors had no legal right or obligation to surround his vehicle, pound on it... or really to approach him in any way. Regardless if he was in an area they didn't think he should be in or not.
They would if he intentionally drove into them.

The text message evidence used against the defendant was what decided this case more than anything, in my opinion, not the events on during the shooting.
I think the texts were part of what convicted him, technically evidence he was the attacker.

My guess is the case kingpin was if he drove into the crowd on purpose.... its not clear, but the texts are evidence it was.

"In trial testimony, witnesses disagreed about how fast Perry was going and whether he was intentionally driving into the protest or not. He has claimed he made a wrong turn, and one expert witness said a "laser scan" of the scene showed he'd slowed down as he approached the crowd. People who'd attended the protest, including Foster's fiancée and high school sweetheart, Whitney Mitchell, said on the stand they heard squealing tires as Perry turned the corner and said they saw him speed toward them. "I remember seeing the car come very quickly toward us," Mitchell said, reportedly fighting tears. "And it just jerked."

We're not allowed to link to violent videos here, but a search for "daniel perry shoots antifa video" worked well for me just now.
That search doesnt show anything for me.

yes, we are allowed to share links here to violent videos. The taco shop robbery was one example. Please share because if the AK guy pointed his rifle at Perry that changes this whole story.

You don't just own every bullet you fire, you also own every word you type, both in "open source" communications (forums, social media, etc) and private messages. It's no surprise that the prosecutor was able to successfully argue premeditation - had those messages not been sent, it would have been much harder to convict him.

This is definitely something all gun owners should keep in mind; not only does it affect a person's legal standing if they have to use a gun in self defense, it also reflects poorly on the pro gun community as a whole. The media loves to play the "guilt by association" game. Making statements like that just plays into the hands of the anti-gun movement.

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top