JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
b66382f01a41983fb95bc74b762e23f39e0a394c2e85c76ff6.gif

Yes but theres a lot of evidence to support that this case is an example.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make that reasonable assumption. 1+1 rarely equals 3 but that doesn't stop some people from speaking to the contrary just to get a rise. ;)

Last Edited:
I knew this was coming based on the prosecutors misconduct.

Ive been pretty critical of the driver in this thread but if it turns out the evidence was exculpatory and intentionally denied then I'll stand corrected. Doesnt excuse what he said online prior to the shooting but words dont always mean intent.

Maybe, but there is also a lot we don't know (like all the evidence presented during the trial) so it's impossible at this point to say how much those post influenced the verdict
We dont know all the information, all we can do is "armchair quarterback" the story as we are told thru the media. After watching the laywers video (posted above) it was their opinion the guys lawyer wasn't that good but also that his comments he posted online ("privately") were a major part of what sunk him.

Ive been pretty critical of the driver in this thread but if it turns out the evidence was exculpatory and intentionally denied then I'll stand corrected. Doesnt excuse what he said online prior to the shooting but words dont always mean intent.
I agree, the driver/shooter is an idiot and may still end up being convicted again due to his online posts showing an intent to kill protestors and shoot looters. However, that does not excuse the prosecutors hiding evidence based on his political agenda.
Add a rouge juror to the mix and it is even a bigger mess.
And I am guessing the guy had a public defender who wasn't up to representing someone on this serious of a charge.

Last Edited:
I agree, the driver/shooter is an idiot and may still end up being convicted again due to his online posts showing an intent to kill protestors and shoot looters. However, that does not excuse the prosecutors hiding evidence based on his political agenda.
Add a rouge juror to the mix and it is even a bigger mess.
yeah thats the thing about this case thats giving me a lot of cognitive dissonance. The driver says he might go kill some protesters (paraphrased) and we all know a few people mean what they say but most don't, but when someone says something and that something happens its like Im not going to speak in that dudes defense.
But on the flip side, a mob with guy with an AK at your window isnt something most people would not be in fear of their life.
Add to that the possibility that exculpatory evidence may have been intentionally withheld its not likely we have the full story from the media alone.

yeah thats the thing about this case thats giving me a lot of cognitive dissonance. The driver says he might go kill some protesters (paraphrased) and we all know a few people mean what they say but most don't, but when someone says something and that something happens its like Im not going to speak in that dudes defense.
But on the flip side, a mob with guy with an AK at your window isnt something most people would not be in fear of their life.
Add to that the possibility that exculpatory evidence may have been intentionally withheld its not likely we have the full story from the media alone.
Then ad in that the only one shot was the one perceived as a threat by the defendant.

Not any other protesters, nor anyone else.

And I am not clear on why he was there. He was apparently not on the clock working as an uber driver. Most sane folks would stay far away from a BLM protest in downtown Portland. If I turned down a street and saw protestors, I would hang a U turn and get out of there ASAP.

And I am not clear on why he was there. He was apparently not on the clock working as an uber driver. Most sane folks would stay far away from a BLM protest in downtown portland.
Same, this is the huge grey area. Did he intentionally drive into the protesters or was his turn a wrong turn.
Absolutely agree!

However, shouldn't matter legaly...
It does if his intent was to go there to instigate a situation, as he stated prior to his friend he wanted to do. That's the whole problem with his story is he self incriminated his motive, or a motive....

And I am not clear on why he was there. He was apparently not on the clock working as an uber driver. Most sane folks would stay far away from a BLM protest in downtown Portland. If I turned down a street and saw protestors, I would hang a U turn and get out of there ASAP.
According to the article I linked at the beginning of this thread he was on his way to an online hook up but she had just texted him she expected cash in advance

"Anne!" Anne was on the springboard; she turned her head. Jubal called out, "That house on the hilltop — can you see what color they've painted it?" Anne looked, then answered, "It's white on this side." Jubal went on to Jill, "You see? It doesn't occur to her to infer that the other side is probably white, too. All the King's horses couldn't force her to commit herself . . . unless she went there and looked — and even then she wouldn't assume that it stayed whatever color it might be after she left." "Anne is a Fair Witness?" "Graduate, unlimited license, and admitted to testify before the High Court."

Just say'n ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top