JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Austin Police Detectives decline to charge the defendant with murder because of a credible claim of self defense. Former Travis County District Attorney does not indict the defendant. New District Attorney gets elected chooses to take the case to Grand Jury without a referral from Austin Police. Lead homicide detective is ordered by the prosecutor to remove 100 slides from his PowerPoint presentation that contain exculpatory evidence.
funny how this kind of stuff never gets widely covered in mainstream media.

If you spent half as much time reading up on the case as you spend trolling.... you could answer your own question. It has to do with the deadly conduct with a vehicle charge... not the shooting itself.

That's all the time you'll get from me on this thread, too.
He was found not guilty on that charge.

Bottom line. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This applies to both individuals involved in this case. I bet they both wish they had stayed home and enjoyed a cold beer that night.

However what really stinks is the lead Detective stating that the prosecutor instructed him to withhold evidence. I hope this is investigated further.

He does this crap all the time. It's close enough to trolling that I don't even respond to him anymore.

LOL When I read this post, I thought to myself: "Geez, Flopsweat is being kinda hard on 'ol @Yarome .

Well he is the one you quoted. :s0092: :s0092: :s0092:

:s0140:
Contrarians enjoy arguing. They enjoy arguing even more when folks disagree. Trolling? Perhaps. When blatant & disruptive.

Folks should recognize when they are dealing with such a poster & simply move on.

Using the ignore function can be an excellent tool to not continue feeding the contrarians enjoyment at the users expense...arguing.

Contrarians do not see themselves as being wrong. Ever.

Well.....yeah but..... :eek: :D
Kidding here....good advice in your post # 270....
.270...good caliber too...coincidence ?...:D
Andy
Coincidence Reaction GIF

Contrarians enjoy arguing. They enjoy arguing even more when folks disagree. Trolling? Perhaps. When blatant & disruptive.

Folks should recognize when they are dealing with such a poster & simply move on.

Using the ignore function can be an excellent tool to not continue feeding the contrarians enjoyment at the users expense...arguing.

Counterpoint, sometimes people just don't agree with you and it isn't about "enjoying arguing" This thread is a great example of that. A bunch see it one way, others see it differently and it leads to disagreement with both sides thinking the other side is wrong and neither side seeing themselves as wrong. Ever

If the news report that the lead Detective stated that the DA withheld exculpatory evidence it true, then there should be a appeal and criminal charges brought against the DA for witnessing tampering.

"Detective David Fugitt, who has since retired after a three-decade career with Austin police, interviewed Perry on the night of the shooting and was the lead investigator on the case. After the grand jury indicted Perry for murder, Fuggit said in a sworn affidavit that Garza's office forced him to remove exculpatory evidence from his presentation to the grand jury.

"It became clear to me that the District Attorney's Office did not want to present evidence to the grand jury that would be exculpatory to Daniel Perry and/or to show that witness statements obtained by the family of Garrett Foster and/or their attorneys were inconsistent with prior interviews such 'witnesses' gave the police and/or the video of the incident in question," Fugitt wrote in the affidavit, which was later dismissed by a judge.

Fugitt was called as a witness this week by Perry's defense team and testified that he did not arrest Perry on the night of the shooting because he thought there was a legitimate argument for self-defense. "

Counterpoint, sometimes people just don't agree with you and it isn't about "enjoying arguing" This thread is a great example of that. A bunch see it one way, others see it differently and it leads to disagreement with both sides thinking the other side is wrong and neither side seeing themselves as wrong. Ever
I always enjoy hearing a different perspective than mine and enjoy learning but sometimes others use fallacies or presuppositions to steer the discussion on their bias or direction and thats when I think most people get frustrated.

I always enjoy hearing a different perspective than mine and enjoy learning but sometimes others use fallacies or presuppositions to steer the discussion on their bias or direction and thats when I think most people get frustrated.
Or they just say what they know will get them the most attention. There's no such thing as negative attention to a narcissist.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top