JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And a followup from the same lawyer who wrote that article suggesting the court screwed up and could invalidate the conviction if appealed.

Tainted Jury, a juror subjected the others to outside influence by "Doing their own internet research" and misrepresenting to the other members that the defendant has the burden to prove his innocence not the other way around, an alternate juror with TDS used huffs an sighs to influence the others before and during the deliberations, and finally incorrect jury instructions.

Theres so much wrong about this guys story but its sounding like theres a lot wrong with the trial too. What a mess from both sides and neither is a win for gun rights.
It's his lawyers job to say things are wrong, but it's also incumbent on them to prove it and so far all they have done is shout a bunch.
Just a guess, but as more about this guy comes out I think you'll see a bunch of his current admirers adopting the Shaggy Defence

It's his lawyers job to say things are wrong, but it's also incumbent on them to prove it and so far all they have done is shout a bunch.
Just a guess, but as more about this guy comes out I think you'll see a bunch of his current admirers adopting the Shaggy Defence
Agree, but to recap my opinon Im not defending the guy its just that if were going to convict someone it should be done legitimately. My guess is even if they included the evidence he still would have been convicted... there is enough evidence of a motive for exactly what happened.

I thought you were talking about Scooby Doo's sidekick, not some reggae musician . Thank God for Google. :s0140:

So basically he lost because of what he posted on line. Havent we had many discussions on here where people ask when has anyone ever been convicted of what they post online?
I've seen some pretty crazy stuff posted on gun forums. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and walk away.

One of the things that always gets me is the perennial dog thread. They pop up every year or so and get really contentious; inevitably someone posts something along the lines of how they would murder anyone who hurt their dog. I hope that those who post that kind of stuff don't ever have a questionable DGU in the home, where a prosecutor would go looking through their social media posts.

As to "we" gun owners making ourselves look bad- it's a misconception to think that "we" are any kind of exclusive club or monolithic group. A "gun owner" is simply someone who owns a gun, nothing more or less. Did Napoleon's use of firearms imply something about me? He was a gun owner. Did John Wilkes Booth's use of firearms imply anything about you? Simply being a gun owner tells you nothing about a person's character or ideology, any more than being a chair owner or a book owner.

Tainted Jury, a juror subjected the others to outside influence by "Doing their own internet research" and misrepresenting to the other members that the defendant has the burden to prove his innocence not the other way around, an alternate juror with TDS used huffs an sighs to influence the others before and during the deliberations, and finally incorrect jury instructions.
Little known fact, a tainted jury is also known as a grundle.

Sentenced to 25 years yesterday.

What he posted online was his own demise.
image16.jpg

Im guessing if the AK guy was the one who pulled the trigger his sentence would been reduced, if even charged in the first place.
So you're saying that if it had been something like actual self-defense as opposed to what pretty clearly looks like premeditated murder it wouldn't have gone poorly for him?
Learn something new every day!

So you're saying that if it had been something like actual self-defense as opposed to what pretty clearly looks like premeditated murder it wouldn't have gone poorly for him?
Im just making a political jab, questioning a hypothetical situation reverse in context with titz comment...
Kinda like how Gaige Grosskrutz was never charged with felony assault despite being the one who pointed the gun...

I think what he was saying is that if the protester had pulled the trigger and shot him instead, the consequences for the shooter (protester) might have been less.

We all know that there have been times in this country, especially in the south, where a "good-ol-boy" could get away with murder, if the prosecutor was also a good-ol-boy, whereas a black man or hippie would be enthusiastically or even maliciously prosecuted.

Do radically progressive prosecutors practice the same kind of political favoritism in their prosecutorial discretion? It sure seems possible. Did it or would it have happened here? I have no idea. It sure looks to me like the shooter was foolish and reckless in how he went about things, so I want to be careful to avoid letting my biases affect how I view this.

discretion? It sure seems possible. Did it or would it have happened here? I have no idea. It sure looks to me like the shooter was foolish and reckless in how he went about things, so I want to be careful to avoid letting my biases affect how I view this.
You got my point.
But to clarify im also not defending the guy convicted or saying he was unjustly prosecuted. There seems to be some questions on a fair trial, but the guy also made statements online that suggest he premeditated what he actually ended up doing.... He sunk his own boat.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews