JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Use whatever you find that you like...........everyone seems to have a strong preference for something. I used to use several products that worked OK but they were messy and smelly. Tried Breakfree CLP , liked it and used it for awhile. A friend gave me some Froglube a year or so ago so I tried it on one 1911 and really liked it. Not messy or smelly and now it is on all my firearms, tools, knives, and my spanking new Colt AR that I haven't shot yet.

OK, well blame the stains on your IBS, OBS, or your PE than. The point is it doesn't take a 4 page thread to convey that any thing in the way of weapon lube that is some what popular is great for your gun if used properly. The frequency of maintenance is WAYYYY more important than which product you use.

I run both my platforms nearly dry. I frog lubed (per instructions), the uppers and run a spikes NiB and Fail Zero carriers. Now I don't have to worry about lube, just use a shop towel and your good to go.

I usually use car oil. Mobile one is what I use in my car so usually I have a bunch lying around. I also use remmy oil though. I use white lithium in my pistols, as well as remmy oil on all metal parts. I used to keep everything dry living in Nevada, and ran them all pretty dry. Now I overly lube up everything in the PNW. So far it isn't too over the edge because everything still cycles!

Could have sworn i've seen it in Sportsmans...

Wanted to try that for a while, but realised it's nothing special, it just works, it's not non-toxic either, so be wary of covering yourself in it or if you have/want to clean inside the house :)

To those who had FrogLube fail on the BCG, not surprised, you can't put that stuff in the firing pin portion, or if you do, you need to fully wipe off afterwards, which is almost impossible. Grease (Slip2000) works well on any of the parts you see 'worn' from contact, as does Slip2000's EWL30.

However, next time i'm taking it out with Seal1 (Froglube but without the problem people have reported with jamming firing pins in cold weather or just gummed up from insufficient initial cleaning/too heavy an application)

To the mention of FireClean, i'd love to try that, but honestly, even with the price of all the other products on the market being so high for what they are, FireClean has got to be the biggest piss take! I absolutely will not pay twice the price of other top tier boutique lubes for HALF the amount. It's still oil of a type, it's not unicorn tears!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top