JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for an EDC 1911. I have a few qualifications...

must be .45ACP, Must have an alloy frame, must be 3.5" or less.

I don't have any particular preference in brand, although I am a big Dan Wessson fan(I have a couple), they just don't make a model with the features I like.

Something small, like a Springfield EMP, would be nice.... but like i said, must be .45

I'd like to stay around $1K

Bring on the suggestions!!

S&W just released the gun you described. <broken link removed>

another top contender would be the colt new agent. the trench sights could take some getting used to, but at under $900 for a brand new colt, i could get over it.

Nice suggestions, guys. That S&W really has my eye. I shot a friend's S&W Custom Shop 649? I believe... anyway it was a compact little 1911 variant, and boy was it cool! I would carry one of those if they weren't 1500 bucks.

I was trying to stay away from Kimber, but they do make a few models with the features I like.

What do you think of this Kimber? I'm not a fan of CT grips, but I could definitely sell them and bring down the purchase price of the gun. How does this differ from the Ultra CDP II?

<broken link removed>

I own a Kimber. It's extremely accurate, beautiful, and was expensive. Since learning that they have more MIM than most others I won't buy another one.
That said, none of the parts have broken. Somewhere I've read though that the sear and hammer are MIM, now that's a real no no, as the sear hooks and hammer notch are under a lot of pressure and abuse. It's said that they won't hold up as long on the critical edges. I don't know.

Nice suggestions, guys. That S&W really has my eye. I shot a friend's S&W Custom Shop 649? I believe... anyway it was a compact little 1911 variant, and boy was it cool! I would carry one of those if they weren't 1500 bucks.

Perhaps it was a 945PC. Those Performance Center guns are some of the finest anywhere. That Smith 1911 lists for 1200, but should retail for right at a grand.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top