JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for an EDC 1911. I have a few qualifications...

must be .45ACP, Must have an alloy frame, must be 3.5" or less.

I don't have any particular preference in brand, although I am a big Dan Wessson fan(I have a couple), they just don't make a model with the features I like.

Something small, like a Springfield EMP, would be nice.... but like i said, must be .45

I'd like to stay around $1K

Bring on the suggestions!!

S&W just released the gun you described. <broken link removed>

another top contender would be the colt new agent. the trench sights could take some getting used to, but at under $900 for a brand new colt, i could get over it.

Nice suggestions, guys. That S&W really has my eye. I shot a friend's S&W Custom Shop 649? I believe... anyway it was a compact little 1911 variant, and boy was it cool! I would carry one of those if they weren't 1500 bucks.

I was trying to stay away from Kimber, but they do make a few models with the features I like.

What do you think of this Kimber? I'm not a fan of CT grips, but I could definitely sell them and bring down the purchase price of the gun. How does this differ from the Ultra CDP II?

<broken link removed>

I own a Kimber. It's extremely accurate, beautiful, and was expensive. Since learning that they have more MIM than most others I won't buy another one.
That said, none of the parts have broken. Somewhere I've read though that the sear and hammer are MIM, now that's a real no no, as the sear hooks and hammer notch are under a lot of pressure and abuse. It's said that they won't hold up as long on the critical edges. I don't know.

Nice suggestions, guys. That S&W really has my eye. I shot a friend's S&W Custom Shop 649? I believe... anyway it was a compact little 1911 variant, and boy was it cool! I would carry one of those if they weren't 1500 bucks.

Perhaps it was a 945PC. Those Performance Center guns are some of the finest anywhere. That Smith 1911 lists for 1200, but should retail for right at a grand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top