JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Out of curiosity, the .44 mag has almost exactly the same specs. as the .50, why would you buy the .44? The .44 is already overkill, why not stomp into the ground after killing it and go with the .50?

I can't speak for PBP, but if it were me, it would be the fact I can walk into almost any gun shop and find 44 mag, but I've only seen 50AE a few times. in my life.

Below is a picture of a gun I just purchased about 15 minutes after I got it home. I am sure most of you can tell what it is and think I am crazy just for buying such a novelty gun, but that is not why I think I might be crazy. Am I the only one here that feels the intense need to disassemble (and I mean down to the pins) every new gun I get and "reverse engineer" it until I have a basic understanding of it before I will fire it? I think that might border on OCD.
View attachment 205019
I do the same thing with all the firearms I have ever owned.
It's not crazy,it's knowledge.
P.S.
A few years ago a friend of mine asked me to look at his "Desert Eagle" saying it was not working.
I have never owned one but said I would clean it for him.
I went online and printed an exploded diagram of the pistol and proceeded to work.
LOTS of parts!
Anyway I cleaned everything[including the magazine follower that also has several parts] and reassembled.
My friend was happy and I learned a little about a "Desert Eagle".:)

Out of curiosity, the .44 mag has almost exactly the same specs. as the .50, why would you buy the .44? The .44 is already overkill, why not stomp into the ground after killing it and go with the .50?
This is the .50AE. I would not own a Desert Eagle in any other caliber. The point is to have a massibe semi-auto caliber...I already have massive revolver calibers.

$400 dollars will get you a 50AE conversion barrel. If you like. I wanted IMI gun so had to chose .357 .41 or .44 magnum. I think I shoot it more as a 44 also.

50AE has a rebated rim. It's the same size as a 44Magnum. So the bolt is the same.

Do most people like the Kahr Deagle? Are they as good as the IMI guns? Better? Do they still have an adjustable trigger?

Sure is a good looking gun.

Last Edited:
I have a .50 AE and love it. I waited over a decade to get one at a price I was willing to pay in a condition I was willing to accept. I had considered other calibers, but could just never bring myself to get one.

Finding ammo on the shelf..... not something I am even remotely worried about. Who wants to pay $3/rd, not me. I can load for under $0.30/round.

One thing I did to mine is send it back for the factory muzzle break which has made it much funner to shoot. The massive recoil is still there but now it is almost all straight back and not so much climb.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top