JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to the area and to North West Firearms forum. I live on the coast Manzanita, Tillamook area and I'm looking for a place to I can shoot that has some distance 300-800yds. I have my own steel targets just need the location. Thanks in advance for any help.

Well, in Manzanita, you can check and see if there is shooting allowed around Cascade Head, though I'd be skeptical.
For you, best bet is to go up to Tillamook, hang a right on Hwy 6 and head to the Tillamook Forest. There's shooting on both sides of the Wilson River there, if you head up into the hills. Find a good clearcut and you can potentially shoot a long, long way. On the NE side of the forest, near Hwy 26 & Timber Junction, I used to shoot 800 yards, but that cut has grown up quite a bit since I was last there.

Be very careful/aware of the land you are on should you go shooting on public land. A whole bunch of public land has been leased for logging, and will be posted as such.

Gates may or not be open (or even present), postings may have been torn down etc. Doesn't matter though, as you are responsible to know. You could risk fines or worse if you aren't sure.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top