JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only way I can see this working with a short barrel is if somehow it gets classified as a pistol.

The way the law is written "rifles" must have among other things a rifled bore and are fired with a PULL of the trigger. It is unlikely that Franklin would build a smooth bore . Easiest way out is to modify their pull/release fire trigger set to only fire on release. Rifles as defined by the US Code only fire on pull . Since its not a rifle any more due to the trigger action there are no limits on barrel length.

Lol Franklyn Armory has pulled one over on all of us!
I'm sure this is nothing more than a gimmicky publicity stunt.
Whatever is so "special" about this thing will NEVER make it worth forking over my hard earned cash. Their goofy triggers are $500 by themselves. I'm sure whatever this thing is, it will not sell for under $2000.
Call me fickle, but I would just as soon build me a real nice rifle the way I want to build it, follow the known letters of the law, and purchase a $200 NFA tax stamp and have peace of mind.
With all these "Hacks" and "workarounds", I assume something is likely to be rewritten. Sooner or later it's bound to happen.
If I wanted to roll the dice on all the loopholes, I still would build my own and "brace" it.
But $200 is awfully cheap to just do it right.

I just re-read the 2nd ammendment and I keep missing the parts about the NFA, tax stamps, assault weapons bans, Brady Bill etc.

It's not the $200, please don't insult people. I

Whatever is so "special" about this thing will NEVER make it worth forking over my hard earned cash. Their goofy triggers are $500 by themselves. I'm sure whatever this thing is, it will not sell for under $2000.
Call me fickle, but I would just as soon build me a real nice rifle the way I want to build it, follow the known letters of the law, and purchase a $200 NFA tax stamp and have peace of mind.
With all these "Hacks" and "workarounds", I assume something is likely to be rewritten. Sooner or later it's bound to happen.
If I wanted to roll the dice on all the loopholes, I still would build my own and "brace" it.
A $200 tax stamp we shouldn't have to pay in the first place.

That's one prediction I'm sure will bear out. It's going to be overpriced.

It's not the $200, please don't insult people.

I'm not sure where posting my personal preference to abide by the rules as they are both intended as well as written could be any insult to "people".
The rules and the laws are simply that. And circumventing those laws and rules takes me to place I don't like to be. I would just as soon put my focus and energy into first following the rules, and being vocal and productive in trying to change them legally.
I don't need the funky energy around wondering if some official or law enforcement may or may not question my ability to follow the rules. And I personally don't need all the little "loopholes" in having a questionable firearm that could just as easily been made unquestionable by following the rules.

That's one prediction I'm sure will bear out. It's going to be overpriced.

unknown.png

I'm not sure where posting my personal preference to abide by the rules as they are both intended as well as written could be any insult to "people".
The rules and the laws are simply that. And circumventing those laws and rules takes me to place I don't like to be. I would just as soon put my focus and energy into first following the rules, and being vocal and productive in trying to change them legally.
I don't need the funky energy around wondering if some official or law enforcement may or may not question my ability to follow the rules. And I personally don't need all the little "loopholes" in having a questionable firearm that could just as easily been made unquestionable by following the rules.

"Loopholes" are not fudging the rules. There is nothing questionable about following the rules. If Congress had wanted rifles to have release to fire triggers they would have written that law that way . Congress said what they wanted and that piece of sh!t Roosevelt and that other piece of sh!t Johnson signed off on them. Following the rules is following the rules.

Yeah..... This is kind of a BS thing to throw in someones face. I certainly am not rich but I probably own a half dozen rifles that cost at least $2000 and twice that many that are $1500 and one I have close to $14,000 in for that matter if you count optics and ammo.

What does that have to do with what you are willing to pay for a gimmicky gizmo VS a SBR?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top