JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Id love to see their tech letter. Ill have to review the WA state laws on what an sbr is.

I don't think it matters. Binary is still a no no in WA pretty sure, or at least FA thinks so.

Screenshot_20180122-103234.png

Last Edited:
I dontvknow that binary is illegal in WA.

I don't know either, but I know that it's close enough where FA or Fostech won't ship here.

RCW 9.41.010: Terms defined.

(17) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

I just ordered the BFS III and think it's going to be an old gen in the next few weeks. I would guess that the release is what gets it around it as well. The newest video on the last page doesn't give a clear indication or explanation. More waiting....

I'm unfamiliar with this channel, so cannot confirm the veracity of his information. I saw the video on an NFA-related site and found the content at least somewhat interesting. If the information is true — meh. :rolleyes:

He was speculating like everyone else and counting on the clickbait title for them sweet, sweet adbucks

Most likely. The site in which I found it normally has solid content and in the comments section, he claims to know, quote, "100%". True? No idea and, frankly, I don't care from a practical standpoint. My SBRs are, well, duly registered SBRs. NFA workarounds don't do anything for me.

Last Edited:
One thing I thought I noticed from other pictures but couldn't see real well until now is that the receiver extension area seems unusually thick. But this gun does have a billet look to it and that could just be an aesthetic choice however still worth note.

And on the front of the upper it appears that the angled/beveled area runs underneath the handguards to some degree. Most likely explanation I feel is that it is part of a proprietary mounting for the handguard. KInd of a turnoff for me because I rather use some other handguards given the opportunity.

Also I'm sure there is a purpose to it, but what the hell were they thinking with the forward assist. I prefer my ARs to be without them. This thing is HUGE.

Franklin-Feature.jpg
85EDC338-68AE-48FB-AA79-54167AA6529E-e1516660956432-428393.JPG

Agreed it's pure speculation and just identifies another way to get around the NFA rules. I don't buy this theory though. If this guy is right, what's to prevent someone from replacing the barrel with a proper one? I doubt they strayed from the standard AR barrel nut attachment and and derived their own proprietary barrel, barrel extension, barrel nut, and handguard. It's possible, but so is a banking error in my favor. It will be interesting to see how it's done. Supposed to be revealed tomorrow.

I'm still thinking it's trigger based. Semi on the sticker doesn't mean it fires when pulled. Could be fired when released and therefore getting around the rifle definition. Binary is still binary and safe is safe. No changes. It's the semi auto "pull" definition that's debatable IMO.

I'm still thinking it's trigger based. Semi on the sticker doesn't mean it fires when pulled. Could be fired when released and therefore getting around the rifle definition. Binary is still binary and safe is safe. No changes. It's the semi auto "pull" definition that's debatable IMO.

Um.... How can you have a binary trigger that does not fire when pulled?

It comes with a binary trigger... That means that in the binary position the "rifle" will fire when the trigger is pulled, thus your trigger theory is no good.

I see that but point, but Im not sure the binary trigger is the issue. I think the assumed "traditional" semi auto setting is the issue. The semi auto rifle designation is based on a single round fired on a pull of a trigger. IF it fires upon release instead, it may get around it. The theory has holes but is the best I've heard yet.

I don't know but honestly hope it's not a smooth bore or straight rifled barrel. Would be a whole lot of hoopla for 17th century technology. I doubt the specialty ammo theory with that but we should find out tomorrow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top