JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a blacksmith I can tell you that an AR is a lousy material source for a pick axe. The only bit that will make a reasonable size tool is the barrel and it has a massive inclusion with stress risers (bore and rifling) that runs its whole length. With 3-4 hours work you could fold it into a lump about the size needed if it was carbon steel but 416 or 4150 or 4140 don't forge weld great (416 at all)

C154 in the bolt carrier might be better but it's got a bit of hard nickel chrome to foul you up in a big hole

A great example of let's pretend to do something someone might think means something while actually doing something stupid at best and more realistically meaningless

Last Edited:
Well he was probably hoping the hype and controversy would boost his churches name and bring in more people to donate money for him to waste.

But liberals hate God and church as much as they hate guns.

Have you ever noticed that the gun loving crowd never insists that everyone sees things our way? We don't go out protesting and demanding that you have to buy a gun and embrace 2A otherwise you are some kind of "phobic".
Like the internet meme says, "Gun enthusiasts in America own more than 200 million guns and almost a trillion rounds of ammunition. If there was a problem with us, you would know it by now", or something to that effect.
The fact that we put up with the few who scream and stomp their feet says volumes about us. I hope that the protest crowd one day has an epiphany and finally gets that.

A couple of reasons, in general, we're better than that - protests are what they do. Secondly, if we showed up to protest, would you expect anything but for all the media in the PDX area to show us in a very negative light while exalting this brave, brave man for standing up to us evil gun owners.

No, I think we would lose out in such an effort.
Now if you showed up at the church with 3k in food coats and such,THEN make a statement about how stupid he was,well that might work

Yeah and we are continuing to lose our rights and lose ground especially in the left coast.

And it seems to be working disgustingly well for the crybaby welfare babies.
Exactly. If there had been no protests, women wouldn't be able to vote today. Jim Crow laws would still be in effect. Our revolutionary war wouldn't have happened. Our country has a long and rich tradition of protest and to complain about people getting out and making a stand for something they believe does a disservice to that history. If we got over ourselves, and the idea that protesting is only for "liberal snowflake crybabies", maybe we could stem the flow of rights violations that is creeping through our society these days.

If we got over ourselves, and the idea that protesting is only for "liberal snowflake crybabies", maybe we could stem the flow of rights violations that is creeping through our society these days.

Just so we can stay on topic it is almost as if we were "Lambs being led to the slaughter" if we choose to remain silent and "Turn the other cheek"?

how did this help anyone?

Manufacturer and retailer made some money off this publicity stunt; they should tell him he is welcome to buy more guns any time. The girl's softball team got a trip out of it.

I don't know, this does not bother me. It's his property to do with what he wants. What bothers me is that he was not prosecuted for violating that law. But then, he has established precedent, which is not a bad thing. Makes life easier for us scofflaws. Also inadvertently gave Bloomberg a black eye, since his bought-and-paid-for law is now even more trashed.

I had to laugh at the Ministry of Propaganda saying there were "allegations" he broke the law. :rolleyes: Well, at least they reported it. That's something.

Last Edited:
Just so we can stay on topic it is almost as if we were "Lambs being led to the slaughter" if we choose to remain silent and "Turn the other cheek"?
Haha! Yes! While I don't agree with what the reverend is saying, I think it's an interesting way to make a statement. If his congregation is ok with him spending their money in such a way, then fine - I support his right to do so.
If we could think of an artistic and smart way to make a pro-gun protest I think it would do wonders for our side of the issue. I'm trying to further the cause for gun rights in my social circle - I would feel remiss if I weren't!

Paul47B,
The point of my "How did this help anyone?" comment ...
Was not did it help sales or a gun manufacturer , but just what did it do to help prevent crime and violence?
Since that was kinda his point for doing this in the first place. :rolleyes:
BTW , I do know that this stunt did nothing to prevent crime or violence.
Andy

Last Edited:
Yeah and we are continuing to lose our rights and lose ground especially in the left coast.

And it seems to be working disgustingly well for the crybaby welfare babies.

Well, they did just lose a huge election to a pretty unlikable guy. Seems to me they may not be winning as much as we thought. I agree we've lost ground here, but I still don't think it's a lost cause. I simply don't think acting like them is the way to try and make the change. We're better off converting people to our point of view, one at a time, which many here do make efforts to do.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews