JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sure we all have heard of this guy by now... The Reverend who bought thousands of dollars worth of raffle tickets and ended up winning an AR15. Well, it looks like it has finally come to an end. I don't know about you guys, but watching this is painful to me. I see so many parts on this thing I could have cherished (okay, the whole thing) and i just cringed watching them break it apart. Oh well.

Lake Oswego reverend turns AR-15 gun into garden tools

You know it's funny he spends $3000 of other people's donations to make a point.

Wouldn't have it been smarter to take that $3000 and buy 5-6 ARs and melt them?

I guess that liberal logic.
Take someone else's money and throw it away for a cause.

This guy clearly broke the law and the LEOs chose not to press charges.

I'm sure any of us wouldn't be so lucky

$3000 went to a good cause. And I wouldn't want to see any of you victimized by the nutty transfer laws.

That said, shameful end to a nice looking rifle. This dollars to donuts looks like the election recount. Spend a million bux to be told you lost - twice.

This was on the news while I was in a store looking at new TVs...I made a comment that I'm sure the criminals will be lining up to have their freshly stolen weapons turned into garden tools, because hard work is what made them the people they are today. The salesman seemed confused by my statement. I then pointed out that even the garden tools become weapons in the hands of the criminals when it comes time for them to choose between working for what they want or taking it from someone that has. He still seemed confused. I walked out and bought somewhere else.

And how many meals would that $3k provide for those in need? how many homes would it save for people behind on their rent? how many blankets for people living in the cold? How many lunches for kids who can't afford it?
How many clothes or jackets for kids that can't get new clothes?

To me this is the reason for the church. To help those in need.

He used his church and his believers money without their consent to push his liberal political ideals.

If I was a part of his church I would demand my money back.
Then start a petition to relieve him of his duties.

Why are we not protesting this guy and his church?

Wow, how many homeless could the congregation served meals too with $3K? How many sets of warm clean clothes? But hey, he has nifty gardening tools and he stuck it to the freedom man.....

A couple of reasons, in general, we're better than that - protests are what they do. Secondly, if we showed up to protest, would you expect anything but for all the media in the PDX area to show us in a very negative light while exalting this brave, brave man for standing up to us evil gun owners.

No, I think we would lose out in such an effort.

Because that is not what WE do!

Because this is a (Reasonably still), free country! And if some moron wants to waste someone elses money to make a garden trowel without them nailing him, then he has that right!

And, because WE are not like all the other whiny, cry babies that get all but hurt because they didn't get their way, and go out blocking traffic and destroying the city!

But I KNOW you already know all that. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads