JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is that an accumulative time standard
Yes, plus any penalties applied for being outside the A zone. I practice on a 2/3 steel silhouette with a 6" painted circle instead full sized IDPA or IPSC target with 8" circle for the A zone for IDPA or 6x12 for IPSC

Does BBs and pellets count? :)

Shot over 20k "rounds" this year, rifle and pistol.

The "range" is 20-feet out my back door. Targets are either 40-feet or 25-yards away, depending on the mood.

I even keep this pistol on my side often around the house and practice my draw-n-fire. It's almost identical in function as my "real" gun.

sa1911sep2021a.jpg

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/2019/12/27/requisite-level-of-skill/

"As long as a person can consistently (95% of one shot presentations) hit a target the size of two sheets of paper, stacked in landscape orientation, at four yards, they have the requisite level of marksmanship skill to dominate 99% of personal protection shooting incidents by non-sworn personnel.

two-sheet-target.jpg

That's not a popular opinion but after studying over 5,000 Armed Citizen incidents, it's the conclusion I've come to. Here is the Male torso hit zone target sheet. "

I need to add this one
Stolen from Tactical Professor
5^5 drill; five shots in five seconds at five yards into a five inch circle five times in a row
The circle is a CD, so it is actually 4.75 inches in diameter, not 5 inches. The markers bleed through and I shoot the back to reduce visual confusion. After shooting each run, I wrote the time on the target.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top