JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is that an accumulative time standard
Yes, plus any penalties applied for being outside the A zone. I practice on a 2/3 steel silhouette with a 6" painted circle instead full sized IDPA or IPSC target with 8" circle for the A zone for IDPA or 6x12 for IPSC

Does BBs and pellets count? :)

Shot over 20k "rounds" this year, rifle and pistol.

The "range" is 20-feet out my back door. Targets are either 40-feet or 25-yards away, depending on the mood.

I even keep this pistol on my side often around the house and practice my draw-n-fire. It's almost identical in function as my "real" gun.

sa1911sep2021a.jpg

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/2019/12/27/requisite-level-of-skill/

"As long as a person can consistently (95% of one shot presentations) hit a target the size of two sheets of paper, stacked in landscape orientation, at four yards, they have the requisite level of marksmanship skill to dominate 99% of personal protection shooting incidents by non-sworn personnel.

two-sheet-target.jpg

That's not a popular opinion but after studying over 5,000 Armed Citizen incidents, it's the conclusion I've come to. Here is the Male torso hit zone target sheet. "

I need to add this one
Stolen from Tactical Professor
5^5 drill; five shots in five seconds at five yards into a five inch circle five times in a row
The circle is a CD, so it is actually 4.75 inches in diameter, not 5 inches. The markers bleed through and I shoot the back to reduce visual confusion. After shooting each run, I wrote the time on the target.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top