JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am making a list, as a guide to new firearms/gun-owners of how much ammunition normally costs. (These are the prices I paid or seen up until last week for plinking ammo)

Others can chime in and add other ammunition prices as well:

9mm:
50rd box - $10 to $16
100rd box - $22 to $32

40S&W
50rd boxes - $16 to $20
100rd box - $40

45cal ACP
50rd box - $22

22LR
CCI Stingers 50rd box - $7 to $8
CCI Mini-Mags 100rd box - $7 to $8
CCI (Tactical) 375rd Box - $19-$23
Federal Auto Match 325rd box - $16
Remington Golden Bullet 525rd box - $19 to $22

223/5.56 (Tulammo or Bear ammo excluded)
20rd box - $7 to $12
420rd can - $165 to $175
1000rd case - $400 to $450

300AAC Blackout
20rd box - $15 to $40

12ga
00 Buckshot 2 3/4in 5rd box - $4.50
00 Buckshot 3in 5rd box - $5
1in Slug 2 3/4in 5rd box - 4.50
1in Slug 3in - $5

I just bought 7.62 x 39 (Wolf HPs) from Copes distributing for 33 cents a pop, delivered. This caliber weathered the storm better than most.. something to consider when buying your next rifle or PDW

Thanks man hopefully we are at the end of this bs. If these fn dirtbag resellers would just leave what they don't need on the shelves woulda been over a while ago. They claim its American free market. I disagree

BI-Mart Prices.....every week for the last month or so:

9mm - 100 rd Winchester white box - $32
.40 S&W - 100rd WWB - $39.97
.22LR - 525rd Remington - $19.87
.40 S&W - 250rd Remington UMC - $80
Primers $3.49 per 100

Every single time I've been to Bi-Mart in the last month they've had .45 ACP just sitting on the shelf.
Everyday. 4-5 boxes .45 ACP 100rd WWB, I don't have a .45 so I never checked the price. I think it's about $48-$50

Today @ Bi-Mart - Check your local store
5.56 - 1000rd Federal - $399.99
.223 - 200rd Remington - $80
.45 - 250rd Bulk Packs -??
9mm - 1000rd Federal bulk pack for $239.97
CCI Stingers (50) at Bi-Mart for $5.99 each (.12 per round?, ouch!)
5.56 - 20rd PMC - $11.99 (Sportsman's Warehouse had this last week for $9.99)

Last Edited:
Thanks for posting this up.

No problem, I should have made this list a months ago. Now if we can all just steer all of these new gun owners to this list, then we can slow or eliminate the "over-priced" ammo market in the classified section.

I am sure that there are a number of gun owners out there that was caught unprepared, I know that they have learned their lesson (I know several of them personally).

As I mentioned to them before, they do not need to buy all of the store's in stock ammo in one visit, all you have to do is, when you visit a store, pick-up a box or two of ammo, in a year's time you would be amazed how much a person can accumulate.

Thanks man hopefully we are at the end of this bs. If these fn dirtbag resellers would just leave what they don't need on the shelves woulda been over a while ago. They claim its American free market. I disagree

Hate to say it but this IS the free market, at the retail level

Only one cure for this. DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

As I've stated before, if I run out of ammo or components for my "fun shooting", I'll buy a slingshot before I buy from one of the Scalper/Profiteer/Reseller/Opportunists that have been stripping the shelves. Let them choke on their speculative purchases.

Thanks, I have a Cabela's card for $5 shipping. Gander Mountain is free shipping over $50 but there is a $9 per order ammo surcharge. Palmetto State Armory is another good one with only $7 shipping.

With Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro Shops and probably others, you can order online and shipped it to the store for FREE.

But Cabelas is an odyssey. You must make 4 + trips just to walk the store. Plus they actually have ammo and guns, guns, guns. They even had Nano mags. Reloading stuff? Hardly any

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top