JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Budweiser got taken down to the tune of billions so every time people just quit supporting the democrats it's better for all of us. Shop smart and do your best not to finance our enemies.
Agreed I was more so trying to say not to beat yourself up over it if you later find out that a company you spent money with opposes your rights and to move on and spend your money elsewhere in the future.

Agreed I was more so trying to say not to beat yourself up over it if you later find out that a company you spent money with opposes your rights and to move on and spend your money elsewhere
Agree. Im not going to sell my (old) Liberty safe.
I might grind the name off it tho...

Moving forward I wont buy a Liberty product. (And i did have plans to buy another one...)

Screenshot_20230907-101200~2.png Screenshot_20230907-101205~2.png Screenshot_20230907-101214~2.png Screenshot_20230907-101221~2.png

Liberty Safe--founded 1988.
Sold to Compass Diversified in 2010
Compass sold it to Monomoy Capital Partners in 2021

Graph of Monomoy's contributions be political party---
1694112549467.png

So I take it the manger code is the one they could give out? So you can change that and then if Liberty gives out a code it will no longer work? If so this should be great for those who do not want Liberty to be able to allow someone else access. Of course also I have to guess means that if you need into the safe after this Liberty would no longer be able to assist you either? If so of course be careful but great info.

So I take it the manger code is the one they could give out? So you can change that and then if Liberty gives out a code it will no longer work? If so this should be great for those who do not want Liberty to be able to allow someone else access. Of course also I have to guess means that if you need into the safe after this Liberty would no longer be able to assist you either? If so of course be careful but great info.
Yes this requires good memory or to have the code written down and hidden somewhere away from the safe

Well if that is true that tells people a LOT right there.
As I have said too often here on this site, if you are a registered Democrat then you support the tyrants.

That doesn't mean you have to become a republican, it means change your voter registration to independent.

It's a start on winning your freedom back.

Yes this requires good memory or to have the code written down and hidden somewhere away from the safe
I often tell folks, if they have books in their house, pick a book and put the number of the place of the codes numbers next to the number of the code in the book. IE, if the first number is a 7 write the number 1 next to the number 7 on the page. You can do this with combos too, example first combo is 39 write 1st and maybe the direction on the 39 page of the book. Don't pick your favorite book, but it might help.

Often times I've been called out to open a mechanical safe with a lost combo-- many times I've called the manufacturer and gotten the combo the safe left the factory with and that combo opened the safe

Removing the serial number is your best defense...

Why would the serial number be needed if your name is on file at Liberty?
I would not think a company should ever give a reset combination over the phone. None of my information is on file with the safe company (even if it is was, they would have no record if I sold the safe, so they should not even give me "my" combination, which may actually belong to someone else now, without additional verification). Even the notarized documents I had to provide are not foolproof but you would need to be a very dedicated criminal with several days to work with. (Along with fake ID and fake payment methods that would not raise the suspicion of the safe company...who seemed to have a clue.)

Even if locksmiths have a secret squirrel phone number, there is no way to tell if their data has been compromised or they have a disgruntled ex-employee. I was reasonably satisfied with the hoops they had me jump through to get my safe open.

In retrospect, guess I could have just dressed like a Wookie with an Octoberfest helmet, painted my face and Photoshopped my picture sitting at Pelosi's desk, then the feds would have opened it up for me. Okay, maybe not a good idea.

Often times I've been called out to open a mechanical safe with a lost combo-- many times I've called the manufacturer and gotten the combo the safe left the factory with and that combo opened the safe

Removing the serial number is your best defense...
Getting a mechanical dial safe and changing the combination sequence is your best defense - although, for a cheap Liberty safe, probably not much of one.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

I would not think a company should ever give a reset combination over the phone. None of my information is on file with the safe company (even if it is was, they would have no record if I sold the safe, so they should not even give me "my" combination, which may actually belong to someone else now, without additional verification). Even the notarized documents I had to provide are not foolproof but you would need to be a very dedicated criminal with several days to work with. (Along with fake ID and fake payment methods that would not raise the suspicion of the safe company...who seemed to have a clue.)

Even if locksmiths have a secret squirrel phone number, there is no way to tell if their data has been compromised or they have a disgruntled ex-employee. I was reasonably satisfied with the hoops they had me jump through to get my safe open.

In retrospect, guess I could have just dressed like a Wookie with an Octoberfest helmet, painted my face and Photoshopped my picture sitting at Pelosi's desk, then the feds would have opened it up for me. Okay, maybe not a good idea.
As a locksmith, I have been registered with some safe manufacturers for over 30 years

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top