JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because as safes are property, they are regularly sold. This is why a serial number is used...
Im only thinking of the original owner.
If the feds know its a liberty, then they could still get the backdoor code from liberty without a serial number.

If you remove the number, it lowers the resell value. If you buy one used, then removing the serial number should work...

Or, and just tossing this out there, don't do things that attract the attention of the PoPo and anyone else that might have the wherewithal to get a search warrant
:rolleyes:
You mean like owning a ghost gun you legally built, or standard mags you legally purchased, or anything else suddenly no longer grandfathered in?

You mean like owning a ghost gun you legally built, or standard mags you legally purchased, or anything else suddenly no longer grandfathered in?
I doubt just 'having them' would draw much attention, but also yeah. Everyone is all for Law & Order until it's time to be lawful and orderly .
But I have this old fashioned notion that when I pick a path I don't get to choose which parts of the path I get to interact with and which parts I cry "Foul!" over.

I doubt just 'having them' would draw much attention, but also yeah. Everyone is all for Law & Order until it's time to be lawful and orderly .
But I have this old fashioned notion that when I pick a path I don't get to choose which parts of the path I get to interact with and which parts I cry "Foul!" over.

You lost me...

If the law says to "buy back" your lawfully purchased gun, will you?

Huh? You mean if the .gov is going 'buy' the firearm from me or I have to pay the .gov or someone else some sort of fee to keep or regain my firearm?
Buy back programs are gun confiscation laws.

But since you mentioned it id also be interested if youd pay them to keep what you already own?

Buy back programs are gun confiscation laws.

But since you mentioned it id also be interested if youd pay them to keep what you already own?
The buy back one is a "maybe" I've sold all sorts of guns and once I get paid a fair price I don't much care what the buyer does with their gun.

But now that I activated all the rage monkeys :s0112: the answer to both of them is "I don't know because it's not happening to me right now." Plus the 'pay to keep' is pretty non specific. Pay the full retail or pay $10.00 for a lifetime ID card that boot scoots me past the BGC and GCA silliness?
I've been in the workforce for close to 45 years and could never begin to count all the times I have heard someone out of earshot of the boss say how they aren't going put up with anymore bubblegum and they have one foot out the door only to genuflect and say 'ya'z sir' the second the boss came over and told them to do some bubblegum.

But I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen anyone walk out the door when it came down to it, and the stakes there were only a missed paycheck and maybe a bad reference

The buy back one is a "maybe" I've sold all sorts of guns and once I get paid a fair price I don't much care what the buyer does with their gun.

But now that I activated all the rage monkeys :s0112: the answer to both of them is "I don't know because it's not happening to me right now." Plus the 'pay to keep' is pretty non specific. Pay the full retail or pay $10.00 for a lifetime ID card that boot scoots me past the BGC and GCA silliness?
I've been in the workforce for close to 45 years and could never begin to count all the times I have heard someone out of earshot of the boss say how they aren't going put up with anymore bubblegum and they have one foot out the door only to genuflect and say 'ya'z sir' the second the boss came over and told them to do some bubblegum.

But I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen anyone walk out the door when it came down to it, and the stakes there were only a missed paycheck and maybe a bad reference
I didnt intend to put you on the spot (I tried to go back to edit my comment but had a distraction....).
The guy thats the subject of this Liberty safe debacle is probably done something illegal, but who knows until hes convicted... but his story is beside the point. The point is there are reasons lawful people want their privacy from the govt, Not just the broad privacy rights subject in general, but especially with gun rights thats currently lawfully protected and legal under the constitution. I get what you mean by playing the cards, is the "juice worth the squeeze" ...but at some point in time, millions of law abiding citizens are gonna have a choice to make: Everyone here knows the Democrats would love to remove the 2A, pass a gun prohibition and mandate a buyback program or whatever.

Last Edited:
Screw it, it's just a safe. I'd rather they are forced to cut it open than give them free access. And then maybe a lawsuit could follow to cover the damages. This is supposed to be the land of the free, but .gov steps farther and farther across that line. I have absolutely ZERO worry about a warrant or otherwise. I am a law abiding citizen through and through. But I also don't like how much power .gov feels entitled to.

I really think I'm going to change the keypad out for a dial, even if I have to pay someone to do it.

What $10 lifetime ID card is that?

What's to stop any government agency from changing a lifetime ID card to an annual fee AND increasing the fee to whatever "they" wish?

What $10 lifetime ID card is that?

What's to stop any government agency from changing a lifetime ID card to an annual fee AND increasing the fee to whatever "they" wish?
It's the one offered by the pink octopus dressed as all The Von Trapp children with a collider for a hat specified in the very detailed description of what 'paying the .gov to keep your guns' would look like that I was responding to.

Please do try and keep up :D

It's the one offered by the pink octopus dressed as all The Von Trapp children with a collider for a hat specified in the very detailed description of what 'paying the .gov to keep your guns' would look like that I was responding to.

Please do try and keep up :D
How about you not be a smart azz?

I didnt mean to start a thread drift off topic about buyback programs or ID cards....

The guy thats the subject of this Liberty safe debacle is probably done something illegal, but who knows until hes convicted... but his story is beside the point. The point is there are reasons lawful people want their privacy from the govt, Not just the broad privacy rights subject in general
Whats at stake here is Liberty is in the business of securing peoples possessions, yet they made a choice to not protect a customer when Liberty had zero evidence of his guilt. Liberty is fully aware the govt could have gained access to "their" safe on their own and chose a different path.

founohm08wmb1.jpg

:rolleyes:

Go back and read the posts, my commit about "the card" was literally pointing out that there was no actual description of what "paying to keep your own guns" would look like. How did ya'll miss that?
Maybe if your posts were more clear and concise with less condescension and "humor" we would all be able to keep up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top