JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was thinking the same thing about it being less than scope adjustments go. That +/- error means you can't even zero that tight. I mean that 0.135 MOA amounts to a whopping 1.41"... at 1000 yards or 0.141" at 100. A fart amount of wind could blow a bullet off course more than that. External factors are huge compared to this. I spend more time worrying about zero shift when switching loadings than when taking my scope off.

One thing do I know is that absolutely nothing is perfect, even more so if it's man made. We can do our darndest to get close and very close we can get. But sometimes you just have to call it close enough to tolerance when it really won't make a real world difference anyway. That's how I feel about these mounts, I think they are great pieces of engineering and are more precise than most guns (and shooters). After all, the weakest link in real world, not lead sled, precision is always the human element.

What's a SPR? I ran across this picture, of some rifles I have:

PSLc4y9.jpg

They probably don't shoot good enough to qualify??

MGj1UIq.jpg
tnXPezJ.jpg

5ED1F521-3F56-453A-B1A9-CCBF8D5D87E3.jpeg

Question.. I just bought a new case and this SPR wont fit in it unless I take the scope off.. I have the same ADM Recon as you.. Have you ever taken it off and put it back on and checked zero???

I only use pelican and boyt cases. The pelican 1720 will fit any AR with a scope. Don't take your scope off. No matter what anyone tells you it will be off a bit. Spend $ and get a good case. They have Boyts at sportsman's. $200. Just got one for this rifle. They are the same size as the pelican 1720

Did you... reply to yourself?

I have an AD recon mount also... it returns to zero perfectly for me every time(I take mine off to transport too)... in fact I bought it, and the scope together used... the previous owner had zeroed it to his rifle... I put it on my old SPR rifle(mega upper,18" BA spr)and literally hit my exact POA. No adjustment needed... then I put it on my most recent SPR(vltor upper, 18" noveske spr) perfect again... weird huh!

I've also had an AD recon and that would be my suggestion for a QD mount. They are damn nice... Great thread guys. Do any of you have any AR 10 precision rifles to share?? I'm either going to buy one or build one here pretty soon...

That's a beautiful rifle. How you liking that 3rd gen PRS?? I bought one for my Northtech Defense (one of the ones in the picture posted earlier), because I couldn't find a Gen II PRS.
Couldn't stand the PRS until the gen 3 came out. Love the feel of this one, and the fact that i can slide it onto a carbine, or rifle buffer makes me happy.
I've also had an AD recon and that would be my suggestion for a QD mount. They are damn nice... Great thread guys. Do any of you have any AR 10 precision rifles to share?? I'm either going to buy one or build one here pretty soon...
Working on it...

822CEF18-95CB-4CD1-BC02-1D88584F4B58.jpeg

Took my rifle out for the maiden voyage today. Shot very well, only one ftf malfunction on the first round of a fully loaded magazine. Very smooth and noticeably less muzzle rise compared to my other ar with a carbine length gas system. I think I'm gonna like this gun. Now I just need a better scope. I'm liking the idea of a leupold VX-R 2-7x. I'm trying to keep this on the lighter side and use it for predator hunting so I don't think I'll want a ton of magnification, especially on the low end.

I was wondering the same thing, whats a SPR?
Special Purpose Rifle. Mark 12 Mod0, 1, were the forerunners... a compromise between a DMR and Carbine.
in the movie Lone Survival, it's the Rifle Mark Walburg carries.
Basically any 18" AR set up for precision gets lumped into the SPR category.

E74619B0-B183-4E38-819A-7650FA6EEF8F.jpeg CD415E6B-9171-42F3-85CF-B5A8ED1DA01A.jpeg 584A59C3-3A92-4DB3-BFCA-998F5FA60799.jpeg

9C1D8AF4-2244-4E98-A2D3-9D33E66812FA.jpeg

Officially finished!
Bison armory stainless SPR barrel
Rogue upper/lower
Geissele ssa-e
Precision armament m4-72 brake
Warne x-skel Mount
Leupold fx-3
Luth-ar chubby grip
And a Ruger precision stock

6CE99AC4-447A-4C3F-9E81-11F5ECE0BA9C.jpeg

SPR mostly refers to the barrel profile.
DD80EE4D-46EE-463A-BB87-0BD0F7D8643A.jpeg
It is typically 18" with a rifle gas system. Heavy profile that is tapered at the end to accept an ops collar for mounting the supressor. Since Ops Inc. suppressors are no longer available, Allen Engeneering makes the AEM5 which is the same thing more or less.
789C7804-141A-4484-A4A4-1E3FE96E7788.jpeg
05A2809D-A199-4B53-8A4D-EFF4258AB63F.gif
My Noveske Barrel is 18" SPR profile, but runs an intermediate gas system...somewhere between mid and rifle length. A 16" noveske barrel with the same profile was issued in the Mark12 Mod H(or Holland) which is the basically a 16" int. gassed mod 0.
Noveske no longer cuts the OPS into their 18" SPR without special order and a bunch more$. And the 16" is not available at all.
Douglas, WhiteOak, and Balistics Advantage all make great SPR barrels. Douglas being the original for mod0 and mod1.

SPR mostly refers to the barrel profile.
View attachment 449344
It is typically 18" with a rifle gas system. Heavy profile that is tapered at the end to accept an ops collar for mounting the supressor. Since Ops Inc. suppressors are no longer available, Allen Engeneering makes the AEM5 which is the same thing more or less.
View attachment 449345
View attachment 449346
My Noveske Barrel is 18" SPR profile, but runs an intermediate gas system...somewhere between mid and rifle length. A 16" noveske barrel with the same profile was issued in the Mark12 Mod H(or Holland) which is the basically a 16" int. gassed mod 0.
Noveske no longer cuts the OPS into their 18" SPR without special order and a bunch more$. And the 16" is not available at all.
Douglas, WhiteOak, and Balistics Advantage all make great SPR barrels. Douglas being the original for mod0 and mod1.

I went with a 18" barrel and midlength gas. The owner of White Oak recommend it for reliability and he knows his products. The accuracy is amazing to me and is light enough for hiking. A Nikon AR 3-12 with bdc s a nice match for it's purpose. The SPR shoots like a long range, heavy bench rifle with much less weight. I wasnt trying to copy the military version but instead make a varmint and yote rifle. It does well at the bench also. The one i used to have before i got out of ARs and any hi cap semis, and registered my GMRS radios. :rolleyes:

IMG_1645.JPG
IMG_1969.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR