JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanna see everyones SPR builds. lets have fun. Ill start the thread
Bushmaster lower
Spikes slick side upper
DDC "hard charger" side charger
American defense 30moa base/rings
SWFA 12x SS scope
SLR Rifleworks Helix handguard
White Oak Armament 18" stainless barrel
Strike Industries J comp
Odinworks adjustable gas block
Odinworks extended mag release
Strike industries Ambi selector switch
Strike Industries bolt catch
Strike Industries bolt assist
Strike industries enhanced castle nut
Strike Industries trigger guard
Ergo flat top tactical grip
Magpul ACS stock
Magpul M-lok rail
Patriot Ordnance Factory 4.5lb trigger
Atlas BT-10 bipod
Noveske bazooka green Cerakote (done by myself)

Shooting 80grain SMK's

IMG_2617.png

IMG_2618.png

Rogue upper/lower
Bison armory stainless .223 wylde spr barrel
Geissele ssae trigger
Warne skel Mount
Leupold fx3 12x
Harris bipod w/a badger adapter

Its done for now I think. Might put a brake on and change the stock to something different. We will see! Shoots sub MOA with whatever $5 a box ammo I could find at sportsman's.
86AEF11A-C6BE-42FB-A179-7F267CA5DF5E.jpeg

Rogue upper/lower
Bison armory stainless .223 wylde spr barrel
Geissele ssae trigger
Warne skel Mount
Leupold fx3 12x
Harris bipod w/a badger adapter

Its done for now I think. Might put a brake on and change the stock to something different. We will see! Shoots sub MOA with whatever $5 a box ammo I could find at sportsman's.
View attachment 435672
Super nice cerakote job on that

Here's my recently finished build

Aero precision M4E1 upper and lower
AP 18" SS fluted .223 Wylde barrel
AP 16" enhanced mlok hand guard
Magpul sl stock
MP K2 grip
MP MBUS
ADM 30mm QD scope mount
Cabelas 1-4x AR scope (for now)
Larue MBT
CMMG LPK
BAD enhanced takedown pins
Toolcraft nitride BCG

I'm quite satisfied with the results of my first build. I may be considering upgrading the scope and adding a bipod in the future.

IMG_3867.JPG

Here's my recently finished build

Aero precision M4E1 upper and lower
AP 18" SS fluted .223 Wylde barrel
AP 16" enhanced mlok hand guard
Magpul sl stock
MP K2 grip
MP MBUS
ADM 30mm QD scope mount
Cabelas 1-4x AR scope (for now)
Larue MBT
CMMG LPK
BAD enhanced takedown pins
Toolcraft nitride BCG

I'm quite satisfied with the results of my first build. I may be considering upgrading the scope and adding a bipod in the future.

View attachment 436701
Question.. I just bought a new case and this SPR wont fit in it unless I take the scope off.. I have the same ADM Recon as you.. Have you ever taken it off and put it back on and checked zero???

I have only checked the zero hold a few times but from what I can tell it does hold well. I have to take the scope off to fit in the case as well. Assuming the mount goes in the same slots and with getting the same torque every time from the qd levers, there should be nothing to shift.

The amount I could see a mount like this shifting would be so slight that it would probably never exceed precision repeatability errors incurred from parallax or the many outside factors such as temperature and pressure and of course random error contributed by the shooter.

As we say in the survey world; It's tighter than a crab's dick. I work with precision instruments everyday that have qd attachments or even hand screw knobs and we take numerous cumulative measurements across multiple setups rotating through three different qd mounting brackets and repeat our intitial measurements to the 0.003 of a foot. Which just happens to be the maximum rated precision of our laser instrument. But that's all with a robot doing the sighting/shooting.

All that being said, removing the upper sounds like a sure way to avoid any possible shift and even comes with the ability to use a smaller case.

Last Edited:
Ahhh, the SPR... by far my favorite AR variant!
Mine is, as always... a work in progress.
IMG_4735.JPG IMG_4740.JPG IMG_4738.JPG IMG_4742.JPG IMG_4741.JPG IMG_4746.JPG

I'm going for sort of a cross between the MK12 modH like this one(not mine)
3F9E0136-BE2C-4047-9551-613A4D80356C-198-0000003F868CBC2C_tmp.jpg
And A MK12 Mod0 like this one(not mine)
7197D3EB-1A15-435C-A4D2-1F24B5FEFE55-198-00000041D254225F_tmp.jpg

With my own spin on it... cuz I'm a civilian and I can put whatever I want on my Rifle:D

my HG is ModH(Gen3 PRI) Mod0 is gen2..
my Barrel is half way between..
ModH was 16" Noveske int. gas SPR...Mod0 was 18" Douglas rifle gas SPR.. Mine 18" Noveske Int. gas. so the mod0 correct gas block doesn't work.
Basically It'll be an 18" Mod Holland when I'm done
...Someday...Maybe.:rolleyes:

UPPER:
-Vltor MUR-1 Billet Modular upper receiver
-Noveske 18" SPR profile 5.56 1:7 twist, Mod0 chamber,made 8/08
machined for Ops collar.
-P.R.I. Gen3 carbon fiber Handguard(designed for Mk12 Mod H)
-F1 slant brake..until stamp comes back.. then Silencerco ASR brake.
-Vltor/BCM Gunfighter Mod3B charging handle
-JP Enterprises enhanced bolt
-Vortex 6-18X44 w/V-Brite Crossfire2 scope(until I can afford a mk4 Leupold or a NF)
-American Defense AD-Recon mount
-Blackhawk(harris style) 6-9" bipod with MFT QD mount

LOWER:
-Aero M4E1 forged receiver
-Vltor A5 Buffer system w/7 position tube
-POF 4.5 single stage trigger
-Geissele High Speed National Match trigger *just added:s0155:
-SI Ambi short throw safety
-Radian TD pins
-ODIN Works ext. mag release
-Magpul BAD lever
-Magpul ASAP endplate
-Magpul ACS stock
-Ergo Tactical Delux Grip

Eventually i'll add a modH style Reese rail, ARMS rings, Leopold mk4 scope,OPS brake and collar, and an AEM5 supressor.
but my mind is subject to change at any time.
As is this is a tack driver, and between the Vltor A5 buffer system, and the F1 brake, there is very little recoil or muzzle jump. It's a joy to shoot!
I'm sending 1/2 MOA with ball M193 55's, and I just got some M262 77 OTMs to see how she does with the right ammo. And I'll be working up my own mock 262 load to optimise my rifle and save money...Black Hills factory 262s are nearly $1.25 per round!
:s0094:

Last Edited:
Question.. I just bought a new case and this SPR wont fit in it unless I take the scope off.. I have the same ADM Recon as you.. Have you ever taken it off and put it back on and checked zero???
I have an AD recon mount also... it returns to zero perfectly for me every time(I take mine off to transport too)... in fact I bought it, and the scope together used... the previous owner had zeroed it to his rifle... I put it on my old SPR rifle(mega upper,18" BA spr)and literally hit my exact POA. No adjustment needed... then I put it on my most recent SPR(vltor upper, 18" noveske spr) perfect again... weird huh!

Last Edited:
I only use pelican and boyt cases. The pelican 1720 will fit any AR with a scope. Don't take your scope off. No matter what anyone tells you it will be off a bit. Spend $ and get a good case. They have Boyts at sportsman's. $200. Just got one for this rifle. They are the same size as the pelican 1720

I only use pelican and boyt cases. The pelican 1720 will fit any AR with a scope. Don't take your scope off. No matter what anyone tells you it will be off a bit. Spend $ and get a good case. They have Boyts at sportsman's. $200. Just got one for this rifle. They are the same size as the pelican 1720

I just saw Rtic coolers was going to start making cases too. I might have to try one out

A Guide to Quick-Detach Scope Mounts | RECOIL

Here's an article where the tested zero shifts with various mounts. ADM came second to last with an average of 0.135 MOA.
I can only confirm my experience, and with dozens of remounts my ADM has never had any noticeable POI change with ball 55g m193. When your talking 1/8 moa or less your really splitting hairs especially considering most scopes are 1/4 moa min adjustment. environmentals can/will cause a bigger shift, as will different ammo, or even ammo lots. Barrel heat, barrel fouling... too many variables to take in to consideration Your taking .01s differences between mounts here... I'll bet if they did the same test on a different days, in different environments, and pulled a different batch of the same mounts off the shelf each day... the list would change every time. I will say that I wasnt surprised the pepr was the worst... I have an ADM and a PEPR and the ADM is far superior. The PEPR is mass produced over seas though.. still not a bad mount at all really.
I've heard lots of folks say that some other mounts, larue in particular, will chew up your rail, but the way ADMs spread the clamping over a larger surface area, they do not... and when I investigated/confirmed this...I saw what a azzzole mr larue can be, publicly bashing his competition on arfcom and acting annoyingly full of himself. Now I'll never buy a larue product. but that's just me. I also wont ever buy anything in an ad where the posters feet are in the picture... I'm really OCD about some things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top