JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been gearing up to get into long range shooting, but am limited to 300 yards for the most part.

Any chance you could point a person in the right direction for finding a place to shoot long distance?

Thanks!
I have one spot that's 900 yArds in tillamook but we don't tell anyone where it is. We had a nice place to shoot in estacada that's 150 yArds and too many people found out and now it's ruined. I think it's even on google maps right now There is always like 30 people there and you cant even get a lane so to speak. . My advice would be to do what I did and look on google maps (satalite). Use the ruler and check yardage on clear cuts. There is plenty of public land you can still go on that has open space. My other advice would be to invest in a good fixed tripod set up. Cause even if you do find a good spot chances are if you lay prone (which is preferable) you won't see over the regrowth and weeds. I'm in the process of building one now so I can just shoot off the back of my truck. Once or twice a yr I drive down toward Bend by myself and find a nice flat spot in the desert and put up my 24" plate at 2800 yArds. I have to drive almost 6 hours to make that trip though. It's like elk hunting. You gotta scout for a good spot. Once you find one keep it to yourself

Since nobody os buying it... I have two SBRs for now.
This one I really like.. wish I didn't have to sell it:(
Aero M4E1s
Ballistics Advantage Hansen SBR .223 Wylde BBL
ALG V2 15" MLok rail
Mygrainman Trigger Job(my best yet!)
Strike Charger, TD pins
Seekins safety, MR button
Magpul Moe Rifle and Moe+ Grip

One of my nicer builds for sure!
AC692216-BCC4-45C7-A4EF-BEC3EA2E9BFC.jpeg 54BE1D93-823C-41DD-971B-72FD654BB0DE.jpeg FE0BE91E-5BF9-43AA-A76B-82A74EC8D660.jpeg 15816070-28B4-4CA8-8149-E12A1DA9B2D0.jpeg 28D163C0-DB53-43A4-9188-919978B2D136.jpeg 87A28EE5-D988-4753-835D-9713D5D4D48E.jpeg

Why, yessir! I just might....

I am now the proud owner of my bucket list/grail rifle. MK12 late Mod 0 build complete. Thanks @Mygrainman for giving up on your parts and build, to allow me to have a crack at it. The wife is happy too 'cos you helped me keep the budget in check with some smoking deals!

She looks good with her fresh coat of paint... the rifle, not the wife! :s0023:

Upper Parts:

-Colt Receiver
-Colt BCG
-Colt Forward Assist and Ejection Port Cover
-PRI M84 Gasbuster CH w/Military Big Latch
-Ballistic Advantage 18" SPR 1/7 twist 5.56 machined for Ops Collar
-Ops Inc. 12th Model Muzzle Brake and Collar
-PRI FSB
-A.R.M.S. #40 Rear BUIS
-PRI Rifle Length Gen III Carbon Fiber FF Handguard
-PRI SPR Rifle Length Top Rail
-A.R.M.S. #22 Medium Throw Lever Rings 30mm
-A.R.M.S. #22 Tactical Ring Rail
-A.R.M.S. #22 Tactical Ring Cap
-Vortex 2.5-10x32FFP EBR-1 Illum. Scope
-Knight's Armament Bipod Adapter
-Harris BRM-S Bipod

Lower Parts:

-Colt M4 Receiver
-Colt H2 Buffer, Spring and Tube
-B5 SOPMOD Stock
-Geissele SSA-E Trigger
-Ergo Pistol Grip

E4CCCA6D-F3B4-445D-B681-0EA6EEA44A11.jpeg CC4A4E6D-4A31-4DEA-952D-4BDE23B19368.jpeg

Last Edited:
Why, yessir! I just might....

I am now the proud owner of my bucket list/grail rifle. MK12 late Mod 0 build complete. Thanks @Mygrainman for giving up on your parts and build, to allow me to have a crack at it. The wife is happy too 'cos you helped me keep the budget in check with some smoking deals!

She looks good with her fresh coat of paint... the gun, not the wife! :s0023:

View attachment 543973 View attachment 543974
Very nice!

Saffir,
If you find you're having any issues with accuracy at distance, you might try moving the scope mount back fully onto the upper receiver.

I've found that bridging from the upper to front rail can cause accuracy issues unless it's a monolithic upper (rail and upper are machined from one piece).

I took it out to the range last weekend to do some load development and had no issues... 3/4 - 1 moa with my handloads out to 300. It was assembled with painstaking care so as not to torque anything out of alignment on the top rail. So far so good. She's a shooter. Weirdly enough, it won't shoot the BlackHills mk262 mod 1 ammo worth a bubblegum. 1 1/2 moa was the best it did with that but as bad as 2 1/2 moa was experienced! Seems that ammo velocity is in a node that the barrel doesn't much care for. It's fine... I can load better for cheaper anyway.

That is an SPR!

He's a happy fella... and I get to start my build from scratch...
not a bad thing though... The best part for me is hunting down all the parts. Gunna be a while since I'm broke and bed ridden for the foreseeable future, but that just adds to the chalange...
I have the barrel, and that's the most expensive/important piece anyway. It won't be a Mk12 mod0, but still an 18" SPR. Stay tuned.
First I'm working on a "mini mark"... a pistol/sBr that takes all the same major parts as @Saffir 's MK12... only smaller. can't wait to shoot them side by side.

I took it out to the range last weekend to do some load development and had no issues... 3/4 - 1 moa with my handloads out to 300. It was assembled with painstaking care so as not to torque anything out of alignment on the top rail. So far so good. She's a shooter. Weirdly enough, it won't shoot the BlackHills mk262 mod 1 ammo worth a bubblegum. 1 1/2 moa was the best it did with that but as bad as 2 1/2 moa was experienced! Seems that ammo velocity is in a node that the barrel doesn't much care for. It's fine... I can load better for cheaper anyway.
Good to know!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads