JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm beginning to feel like I bought the Ballistic Advantage Barrel with FSB and round cap for nothing. :mad:

According to https://shootersgate.com/product/9-mid-length-ar-15-2-piece-drop-in-handguard-quad-rail/ ; this rail is supposed to fit round end caps but.. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. Torn between emailing them and attaching photos, and asking for refunds... or finding a local gunsmith who can drive these FSB pins out so we can swap the triangle cap in place of the round cap that the barrel came with. The quadrail is aluminum and there is no physical way a round end cap can go on it.
DSCF7189.JPG DSCF7188.JPG DSCF7187.JPG DSCF7186.JPG DSCF7185.JPG DSCF7184.JPG

Yeah. I've decided on it after sleeping on it...

Posted my Ballistic Advantage Barrel in the Classifieds, if anyone cares :rolleyes:

Now.. it looks like the A2 receiver is now available for a different direction.. I do think I still want a midlength but honestly; midlength 18" looks no different from carbine 16" in terms of proportions, particularly from FSB to muzzle end :s0140: if it's gotta be a midlength, since I have 2 different HG sets that both require triangle end caps; then it'll be either a SBR A2 upper to go on the one SBR registered lower, or a 16" A2 upper to go on A2 Clone lower with A2 stock...

Or.. forget the midlength, get rifle gas 18" barrel either in 6.5 Grendel (Doublestar), or custom install by JSE Surplus (Ballistic Advantage SPR + their FSB+ their Barrel nut+ Sight parts+etc), or TNTE Sales DMR custom Barrel (18" and FSB already installed) and wait 6 months+ if it's not in stock :rolleyes: edit or get 20" standard musket front end and HG from JSE Surplus :s0140:

Got my LPK and two PSA M16A2 lowers in. Still waiting for Del-Ton 16" LW Midlength barrel kit to arrive from UPS; then I'll figure out a decent-good BCG and A2 standard charging handle, and that should finish this one build?
DSCF7219.JPG DSCF7218.JPG DSCF7216.JPG

Looking at Doublestar's 20" 6.5 Grendel barrel https://doublestarusa.com/20-1-9-6-5-grendel-hbar-barrel-front-sight-base-ar976b.html
For the 2nd A2 lower. Likely will order M&A Parts Inc's complete A2 upper with M4 feed ramps. 2nd A2 build will use Doublestar's LPK and Ace Skeleton A2 stock, so mostly Doublestar stuff except 6.5 Grendel bolt group.

I am so glad I caught the UPS driver before he left. Apparently Del-Ton did not put down my apartment number on the shipping label for the barrel kit. It would've gone back to Del-Ton and added another week and half due to holidays.

Anyways! Pretty much all done except a BCG and charging handle, which are in the mail from Surplus Ammo because they had a good deal for 2x BCGs with free 30rd PMAG :D
DSCF7221.JPG
Top 16" M4 .223 Wylde flat top carbine with carbine gas, middle is the 16" Midlength 5.56 A2 rifle, bottom the 6.5 Grendel 12" SBR.
DSCF7224.JPG
Both 16" rifles next to each other. I do honestly think the Midlength looks much better and probably will shoot very soft with A2 stock... next time I go shoot, I'll compare!
DSCF7222.JPG
My two retro-modern mutt builds :D
DSCF7223.JPG
The complete 16" Midlength 5.56 A2 rifle. I can also put the M7 Bayonet on and it works great.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top