JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
MJN,
I'm new to this web site and happened to come across the pictures of your 71 and 72 350SL project bikes. Just curious, would you ever consider selling the 71? I had one for several years and it got stolen in Massachusetts. I've always wanted to get another one. I'd consider trading you even for my 81 CB900 custom - in 8.5 out of 10 condition. 28,000 miles. I can send you pics. I have the title and extensive records and history for this bike.
I'm thinking I could put the 81 in my van, drive it out there and trade you for the 71?
If you're interested, please let me know.
Thanks
[email protected]

I'm a certified motorcycle nut... Not including ATV's, below is the current crop...

My "normal" bike; '05 Busa. Bought it new. I've got 18K on it now, just don't get to ride nearly as often as I'd like.
DSC7212-XL.jpg
1981 Yamaha Seca 550. Bought this one new as well..
81seca.jpg
1978 Honda Hawk. Had this one for 20 or so years. It's got 5000 miles on the clock.
000_0149.jpg
My current restoration project; 1971 Honda SL350. 3300 miles

The next project; 1972 Honda SL 350

The badazz of the bunch; 1969 Honda Minitrail Z50 K1;
100_3948.jpg

This was my race bike about 10 years ago. I had my go fast item on my bucket list checked off. Then decided to stop racing for health reasons. At my age it takes twice as long to heal when things break. It was my third race bike in a 10 year period. My first bike was a 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7, which I still have today. It is in my garage collecting dust. Then I bought a 1995 Kawasaki ZX-7 "Superbike". At Spokane Raceway Park, they have a straight that is just over a half mile long. For fun we had the local cops come out with there radar gun and clock some of us. On the Superbike, I topped out at 183mph. A friend on his Yamaha R-1 topped out at 176mph. That is one violent ride at those speeds. It is really hard to stay focused at the end of the track. Way too much bike for the limited experience I had. So after cleaning out my underwear. I decided to slow down a bit and bought this 01 Suzuki GSX R-600. It topped out at only 140+.

Now I have really slowed down. Getting ready to retire. This is what I ride now. It is an 04 FXST softail. This bike fell into my lap with the deal of the century. It was 2 years old with only 1,157 miles on it. It did not even have it's first oil change yet. All said and done, I walked away with this bike for $9,500.00. At 40 mpg, It's my commuter when the weather permits. I have leather saddle bags on it.

Ha, I just noticed that you can see the tail of my 92 ZX-7 in the garage.

gsxr011.jpg gsxr015.jpg IMG_8186_zpsiceugxvw.jpg

Last Edited:
I always thought Zlock bikes look best - the color scheme is great. Dan did some work for me a few years ago on my 10 before the engine got rebuilt. Did you race with Dugan and the boys?

I can identify with you - been racing for many years and I'm at the point to pull the plug - in fact I've been saying that for years but can just never really cut clean from it - most addictive drug invented.

Yeah I remember the crazy nut John Dugan, Carl Schenk, Rob Carpenter, Mike Sullivan, Shawn Roberti and a long friend Jake Holden. I painted Jake's very first road bike when he started with WMRRA at age 15. I have been painting bikes for Dan since 1995. When Mike was riding for Dan. I have pictures of 2 of Dan's bikes on the podium when Mike and Eric Woods were riding F-USA series in Portland. I paint both the Pinkstaff boy's bikes and Oliver Jervis's bike now.

Underpowered, overweight, never-ending maintenance, engineered when dinosaurs walked, shakes my remaining teeth loose. I'd have it no other way!:cool:

WAYNO.

P1010855_zps7b1f0c79.jpg

image.jpeg
2005 Honda Shadow 750. Not a lot of power but fun to cruise on. I want to get white walls on it next time I get tires. image.jpeg
2004 Suzuki Hayabusa. I've had it for years now and still just as fun as ever. Original owner did a lot of custom work to it, I love it.

I also still have my first bike a 1993 BMW K1100rs. It's naked now, looks post apocalyptic, but gets me where I need to go comfortably and don't mind riding it in the rain. This reminds me I need to take more pictures of all three. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top