JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guys from TRON would be proud :)
That was a bonus, I went with a Hero Blue model of Buell then found the retro reflective wheel kit and thought the same thing once I saw how good it looked at night. I plan on adding some other highlights to the bike to really make it pop. I will be removing some of the pieces on the tail section and outlining it instead of solid like it is now. I also will add some to the frame and swing arm if I can figure out how to keep the adhesive from losing its stickiness. Since the frame is the fuel tank and the the swing arm is the oil tank, both heat up considerably. I am looking into wrap options that may be more semi-permanent than what amounts to stickers and pinstriping.

1992 ATK 350 ES bored and stroked out to a 604! FUN, FUN, FUN!!! atk.jpg

1975 XS650 with new steering and swing arm bearings, progressive springs fore/aft and electronic ignition. Stripped off a lot of the big garish 70's crap so you can see the motorcycle in there. Daily rider at 41 years old, it still does the ton.

1975 XS650.jpg

Last Edited:
How many rebuilds?

Zero, have replaced a couple of shaft/final drives. Under warranty at about 57K the dealer had to replace a couple of bottom end bearings after an oil tunnel plugged. Bike had only 400 miles when I bought it and about $1000 of accessories on it already....told the dealer "I'll take it for what you want ($500.00 below retail new)...but I want the $600 extended warranty...thrown in. Worked out very well for me...I ended up with 4.7 years of warranty.

Brutus Out

PS Love the bike...Tacoma to Sturgis 2x, Over 1,000 miles on it in 21.5 hours on one trip. Colorado, AZ, CA, Lawman 500, etc. My goal since they are no longer made 2002-2008....is to completely restore it when I buy a house in Kali. At that point it will outlast me. Had it up to 135 a couple of times.

Zero, have replaced a couple of shaft/final drives. Under warranty at about 57K the dealer had to replace a couple of bottom end bearings after an oil tunnel plugged. Bike had only 400 miles when I bought it and about $1000 of accessories on it already....told the dealer "I'll take it for what you want ($500.00 below retail new)...but I want the $600 extended warranty...thrown in. Worked out very well for me...I ended up with 4.7 years of warranty.

Brutus Out

PS Love the bike...Tacoma to Sturgis 2x, Over 1,000 miles on it in 21.5 hours on one trip. Colorado, AZ, CA, Lawman 500, etc. My goal since they are no longer made 2002-2008....is to completely restore it when I buy a house in Kali. At that point it will outlast me. Had it up to 135 a couple of times.
That's really amazing.

A recent project: 1974 Kawasaki F7. Same bike I had in high school. Saw it on CL, picked it up and it took surprisingly few parts to make it street/trail ready. Granted it's not very good at either. Fun blast from the past though. Got classic plates on it and can ride most anywhere with it, obviously steering clear of highways.

Makes a lot of smoke and noise old school two stroke style so I'm not sneaking up on anyone with it, but at least I'm smiling while I'm doing it. IMG_2502.JPG

A recent project: 1974 Kawasaki F7. Same bike I had in high school. Saw it on CL, picked it up and it took surprisingly few parts to make it street/trail ready. Granted it's not very good at either. Fun blast from the past though. Got classic plates on it and can ride most anywhere with it, obviously steering clear of highways.

Makes a lot of smoke and noise old school two stroke style so I'm not sneaking up on anyone with it, but at least I'm smiling while I'm doing it. View attachment 322225
Oh! I learned to ride on the 100 cc. 74 I believe. It's at home needing rebuilt. Memories are my passion!
Get tearful thinking about those days.

Can't remember if I posted this before. My old Goldwing. I've put about 50,000 on it in the almost 20 years I've owned it. Ridiculously reliable and has been all over the western United States. I did the 16" spoke wheel conversion and know of only one other so it doesn't get lost in the crowd.
View attachment 322214

This one was my winter project last year. GL650i Silverwing turned, well, I'm not sure what to call it. Absolute blast to ride and has gone everywhere I've asked it to go, including a 3 day off-road adventure ride in September.
View attachment 322215
View attachment 322216
View attachment 322217
Trail flat repair.
View attachment 322218
Both go up for sale next spring so I don't have to move them out of state.
NICE GW up top.
I gotta sell my 83 GW before I move to Kali. Wanted to cafe it. Bought it as is where is and got it to turn over, spark but not fire. Needs the carbs cleaned and new radiator. I figure if I get $600.00 I'll be OK.

Nice stable of bikes!
Brutus

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top