JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 1990 Suzuki GSX R 1100

IM000636 copy.jpg

View attachment 260487

View attachment 260488

View attachment 260489

View attachment 260490

I would guess it to be a FXWG between the years 1980-1983. The 1984 had a single 11.5 in. front brake...Clean scoot!

DING DING DING We have a winner!! It's an 81 Wide Glide. Stock engine. I lowered the swing arm took the forks apart and machined off the reflector flats. Rewired with cables through the handlebars and used the back of the headlight as a junction box. Aftermarket oil bag and goodies, homemade stainless turn signal brackets, shifter, and seat post.

i hope when my bike is done it'll get the babes' attention too! nice oil burner bbdartca!

here's where we're at now. just bought a gas tank on ebay from a guy that was liquidating his collection of sporty tanks with original paint. i got it for a song but now i dont have to decide on a color for a tank. still gotta trim the fender struts, make a seat, and wire her up. she's a budget build so im using a lot of old rusty parts. i think i got maybe $2300 in her

IMG_2209.jpg
1968 sporty tank
IMG_2211.jpg
IMG_2213.jpg
IMG_2208.jpg

I was just gunna say,Sporty,you're postin on this thread and not showin the sporty?

I need to start a project like this 77 or newer though.Nice tank

Thanks! i think the tank really brings everything together. its a '75 frame with an '84 motor. an '80 and up frame looks funny to me but the newer motor have better oiling but wont accept a kickstart kit. a give and take really

76 is the year they switched over to the right brake/left shift by way of LOOONG linkage. 77 was when they started the shift lever on the correct side out of the tranny.

So all the stuff you are using is the bee's knees.
Except if you have the money for a 100" sporty engine.

Thanks! i think the tank really brings everything together. its a '75 frame with an '84 motor. an '80 and up frame looks funny to me but the newer motor have better oiling but wont accept a kickstart kit. a give and take really

This scoot is on it's way to being a cool ride. The 84 iron head was a great motor choice as they're near bullet proof.

This scoot is on it's way to being a cool ride. The 84 iron head was a great motor choice as they're near bullet proof.

and fast!

thanks everyone for the positive responses. hopefully i'll figure out how to post on you tube by the time i get it wired and fired.

more bikes!!!! with babes!!! holding guns!!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top