JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't ride much anymore, but I am working on a 1949 BSA that will look something like this.

B33.jpg

My dad rode a 69 or 70 BSA lightning I believe and boy that thing shook as I remember being a little kid..,

For sure - they shook more than any other British bike. This is a 500 cc single and I know it will be a paint shaker but all I am gonna do with it is short rides through the neighborhood. If my knees will allow me to start it, that is. HA

Dude, WTF? ! Your user name, SHPD, indicates everything you own must be BLUE .... this is Fire Department Red ?!

Break in ride suggestion: TODAY, (and every day this week)
Scapoose - Vernonia road, turn right to Mist,
Then 202 to Astoria, Cross over and back to Longview on 4
Billiard red. Not quite as bright as fire department red and I have ridden that route several times

In 2002 I bought one of the last available CR 500's ever made, had it sent out from Wisconson in 2002. 3 years of fun then sold it in 2005 for $200 more than I paid for it...I guess a guy in South Dakota wanted it pretty bad.

I still miss it TBH.

1588635216039.png
Not my bike, took the pic from the interwebs.

This should be done in a few weeks maybe. It's the one I grew up learning how to ride on. The actual bike. So much memories.

Attachments

• 21A0E3A0-50EA-4231-B752-6430909D4B3B.jpeg
    21A0E3A0-50EA-4231-B752-6430909D4B3B.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 139
first pic back when I was a young whipper snapper. Then our flat track bike pics. Knight Honda xr600. The motor had a carrelo rod, wiseco piston, edco flowed head, and a 44 mm mikuni round slide running on alcohol. She was a mean bike . The last pic is ice racing in Colorado

SCN_0001 (7).jpg SCN_0001 (4).jpg SCN_0002 (5).jpg SCN_0003 (3).jpg SCN_0007 (2).jpg

I stumbled on some U-tuby videos, my Brother asked should I be supporting China just today - but fun vids.

Anyway, I am thinking strongly that an e-bike is in my future.

Bikes & Beers (er .. )

My dad rode a 69 or 70 BSA lightning I believe and boy that thing shook as I remember being a little kid..,
Shook doesn't even begin to describe English bikes! I had a red '65 Lighting. The only thing that kept the headlight from continually turning was when the wiring was completely twisted. Leaked oil from the clutch worse then my '55 Panhead!

I've owned more two-wheeled vehicles than four-wheeled in my life, though I haven't owned one in a number of years.

I started out with a string of dirt bike for riding on the farm, mostly Honda and Yamaha enduro style from the '70. Used bikes were cheap back then. My favorite, and last, dirt bike was an '84 XR350. I rode the wheels off that thing, awesome bike.

Then I got into road bikes, as I had left the farm. First was a '78 KZ650, a quick little cafe racer. That old bike would scoot out from under me if I wasn't careful. Then it was an '81 XS11 "Midnight Special". Bigger, heavier, and faster that the KZ, but nowhere near as quick. I enjoyed riding, but found I was not a biker, more of a fair-weather rider. When kids came along, the bike sat most of the time, and eventually went down the road.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top