JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:Do_O criminals are those who disobey government laws, are they fighting against government? J6ers just walked into a building and got years in jail for civil disobedience, were they fighting the government?
In Mexico, it is illegal for citizens to possess firearms, without a license. And they are also prohibited from owning firearms chambered in "military" calibers larger than .380 handgun, larger than .22 rifle.

38 supers are very popular in Mexico as it fits the legalities.
In the late 70's into early 80's there was a flood of Colt 1911's in that caliber that came from Mexico. When the Gov there put heavy restrictions on the citizens owning guns we got flooded with them. I had a couple of them over that time since they were so damn cheap. Many were almost new. At that time we could not order ammo and there was only one loading you could find in stores so the guns got little interest here. The round its self showed some real potential. The +P loading was impressive.

All these threads on prepping and what if's. If you not ready to deal with whatever now, you are too late. No amount of 20/20 hindsight will fix that.
YEP! Human nature never seems to change. Look how many panic shortages we have had last couple decades? How many who live through more than one of them are irate when the next one hits as they learned nothing. :s0092:
Can only hope maybe a few more will read threads like this and decide to pay some attention and not be one of the many caught when something does happen.

In the late 70's into early 80's there was a flood of Colt 1911's in that caliber that came from Mexico. When the Gov there put heavy restrictions on the citizens owning guns we got flooded with them. I had a couple of them over that time since they were so damn cheap. Many were almost new. At that time we could not order ammo and there was only one loading you could find in stores so the guns got little interest here. The round its self showed some real potential. The +P loading was impressive.
38 super in a high cap 1911 with a supported chamber was the gun of choice in IPSC matches for years.

Yes. You see all these Cartel guys with AKs, antitank rifles, grenades , MGs, armor and gear? Every one of those are not .22lr :s0140:
Mexico long ago lost control. Gov there was always corrupt. Long ago cartels became so wealthy that they all but took over. Now and then the gov does actually go to full on war with them but, it normally ends up being a short fight and both sides just go back to life as normal.

Mexico long ago lost control. Gov there was always corrupt. Long ago cartels became so wealthy that they all but took over. Now and then the gov does actually go to full on war with them but, it normally ends up being a short fight and both sides just go back to life as normal.
The Mexican Government could have ended things just by repealing their gun control laws and allowing free Mexicans to own whatever for whatever reasons and letting them stack cartel bodies.

YEP! Human nature never seems to change. Look how many panic shortages we have had last couple decades? How many who live through more than one of them are irate when the next one hits as they learned nothing. :s0092:
Can only hope maybe a few more will read threads like this and decide to pay some attention and not be one of the many caught when something does happen.
Survival movement started with a push for self reliance because folks realized government isn't there to help. Over the decades it seems there are more reasons than ever to be self reliant.

38 super in a high cap 1911 with a supported chamber was the gun of choice in IPSC matches for years.
Yes I have seen some NICE high end race guns in that caliber that were too rich for my blood but sure as hell looked nice. Back when places like Shotgun News had tons of NICE Colt's in .38 Super for VERY cheap the only real downside to them was lack of ammo. With decent ammo they were great defensive pistols. At that time though it was just too much hassle to lay hands on factory and not many wanted to roll their own. Even the one flavor of ammo commonly available was VERY pricey. Its just long been one of those rounds that always seemed to have great potential but just never could catch on. I can't remember the last time I eve saw one in a shop any more.

The Mexican Government could have ended things just by repealing their gun control laws and allowing free Mexicans to own whatever for whatever reasons and letting them stack cartel bodies.
That they could but as always money talks, BS walks. The Cartels hand out such massive cash that they own the "law" there. Its why I have not been across that border in decades and you would not get me down there again at gun point.

Yes I have seen some NICE high end race guns in that caliber that were too rich for my blood but sure as hell looked nice. Back when places like Shotgun News had tons of NICE Colt's in .38 Super for VERY cheap the only real downside to them was lack of ammo. With decent ammo they were great defensive pistols. At that time though it was just too much hassle to lay hands on factory and not many wanted to roll their own. Even the one flavor of ammo commonly available was VERY pricey. Its just long been one of those rounds that always seemed to have great potential but just never could catch on. I can't remember the last time I eve saw one in a shop any more.
Guys shooting IPSC hot loaded the super to reach major caliber for scoring. They put compensators on the guns so the extra gas helped with recoil.

Survival movement started with a push for self reliance because folks realized government isn't there to help. Over the decades it seems there are more reasons than ever to be self reliant.
Yep and its there to plainly see and so many just choose to ignore it. :s0092:
Every time there is some kind of break down it takes a good while for gov to race in to help. Yet so many sit back thinking if something happens the gov will swoop in to save the day. I don't get it but look how well the great covid hoax worked because of this. That one still shocks me at just how far they were able to push that with basically no push back.

Yep and its there to plainly see and so many just choose to ignore it. :s0092:
Every time there is some kind of break down it takes a good while for gov to race in to help. Yet so many sit back thinking if something happens the gov will swoop in to save the day. I don't get it but look how well the great covid hoax worked because of this. That one still shocks me at just how far they were able to push that with basically no push back.
Good friend keeps a rifle loaded with 20 rounds as he figures that's as long as a home insaion would last...whichever way it goes. Difference with him is he shoots all the time and is very familiar with guns.

Asked about just 20 rounds he points out most gunfights don't last that long.

Some years ago in Washington DC a woman called 911 and the cops never showed up. The lawsuit taken to the high Court was rejected with the court saying the police are not obligated to protect people.

How much ammo you should have depends on where you live.

I always wonder how many gunfights people think they are going to be in when they need 10s of thousands of rounds available post SHTF. I personally would rather hunker down and be able to eat, stay hydrated and keep a steady body temp.
^ This. Gunfights often end in people dead or seriously wounded. In the real world, the good guys don't always win. Having a well thought out preparedness battery is most certainly an important thing, but it is not the be-all and end-all. And "more ammo is always the answer" is nonsense if it is at the expense of more pressing requirements.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top